Trouble while Jailbreaking My Factory Unlocked Iphone 3gs 3.1.2

HADOKA

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Guys ..

Im Facing a trouble .. I had tried to use blackra1n RC3 for jailbreaking My Factory Unlocked Iphone 3gs (FW3.1.2) and it worked .. but once i turn off my Iphone and open it back it would return to Recovery Mode .. and need complete retore ..

Let me tell you the story ..

I had Tried blackra1n RC3 ( Didn't try to reset that time ) , then I wanted to install intalous so i had added it .. but before added i was confused and installed something called hackulo from the same source .. but it didnt work .. then when i saw installous i remembered .. then i thought to reset my mobile .. and i discovered it came in recovery mode and i restored it back .. but once trying to jail break it with blackra1n RC3 it will do the same if i reseted it .

pls help .. or tell me alternative solution to jail break it ..

Notes

My Iphone Details :
3gs 32 GB
Factory Unlocked
FW 3.1.2
BaseBand 5.11.07

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You have the new boot loader and upon each reboot you need to be connected to a computer and re-run blackra1n. That is your ONLY solution currently.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes. Basically, when you turn off your phone, or let the battery die, you need to connect it to your computer, and when you get the "Connect to iTunes" screen, DO NOT RESTORE IT.

Simply run blackra1n, click "make it rain", and then your phone should start up as normal, jailbroken, exactly as you left it.

There is absolutely no other solution to that for now.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
And btw - I do NOT recommend you talk about hackulo.us or installo.us on this website.

Those apps are designed for hacked and cracked apps, and you WILL be banned from this site if you discuss those things.

fmtek

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
wait ... is this true???? i have a 32GB 3Gs, and i've shut it off and hard booted, and when it came back, my JB was still there.....

i've had the phone for a few months, but it is on 3.1.2 and 5.11.07 ....

i just JB'ed it yesterday...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What they are talking about doesn't have to do with firmware or baseband. It's the bootloader and not all 3Gs have it just newer ones after a certain point. So don't do anything requiring you to have your phone replaced or it will be a 50/50 toss up what you get back new or JBable bootloader.

fmtek

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
What they are talking about doesn't have to do with firmware or baseband. It's the bootloader and not all 3Gs have it just newer ones after a certain point. So don't do anything requiring you to have your phone replaced or it will be a 50/50 toss up what you get back new or JBable bootloader.

ahhh ok....

how do i tell which bootloader i have?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah like LVCIFER said you have the older boot loader there are threads about finding the version of bootloader and knowing which iPhones ship with the new bootloader based on serial number just do a search.

fmtek

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
is anyone else having problems with the Wifi ??? if i leave my wifi area for a while, and come back, .. it won't connect...

i keep having to Reset network connections, and doing a hard reset on the phone to get it to connect again....

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, I had a minor mntal breakdown when I was jailbreaking my wife's 3G. For some reason, she could only sent TXT messages and MMS messages, but wouldn't receive them.

Ultimately, it turned out To be an AT&T problem.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but of the wifi issue keeps persisting, I'd recommend that you restore officially again and re-jailbreak.

Other than that, I don't really know what else to suggest.

fmtek

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
i just did a full restore back to stock OS .... i'll JB again when i have some time... i'm nervous though.. i don't want the WIFI problem to continue being an issue... but we'll see...

thanks ...

ny888

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone when I JB stuck in "connect to iTunes " I'm using rain rc3

Same problem here. I never see the Geohot image. Blackra1n says entering recovery mode, then "done, waiting for reboot". Popup with the donate message comes up but iPhone stays on the connect to itunes screen.

XP SP3, I've killed all of the Apple processes and phone is in airplane mode.

Now when I run Blackra1n - it just says waiting for device.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Keep iTunes running in the background. But "Eject" your iPhone. (Disconnect iTunes from the phone, but leave it plugged into the CPU).

put your phone into airplane mode.

When you open blackra1n on your computer, try 1 of 2 things.

1) Right click and hit "Run as Administrator" and run the program.

Or

2) Right click, go into properties, select "Compatibility Mode", and select windows xp.

That's fixed a few problems in the past, and it's worth a try.

ny888

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
LVCIFER - thanks for the suggestions.

Not quite sure what I did or didn't do but booted up my computer this morning and it worked right away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2