Iphone 3g unlock/jailbroken on ATT with no data

2beCarbon

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Ok guys i want to know who has a Iphone 3g that is unlocked and jailbroken on the ATT carrier with no data. I want you to answer some of my questions please.

*Is there a way to get no data on the Iphone 3g on ATT carrier and just have MMS?

*Can you send and receive pictures on a unlocked and jailbroke Iphone 3g with no data?

Thx for the help!:D

grkboy782

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
yes

its actually simple. and you actually do not need to unlock if you have ATT. but an unlock does not hurt. Just unlock and jailbreak your phone. Then download BossPrefs and turn off EDGE and 3G. That way your phone will use no data. just make sure ATT doesnt find out u have an IPHONE. and u can just download the right carrier settings to get the MMS

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
But this does not prevent AT&T from seeing what phone you have. I have heard many people in other forums say AT&T forced the data plan onto their bill if they did not add it. You may start getting texts from AT&T saying you are using an iPhone and do not have the correct data package. If that happens, I would probably add it.

To me personally, it does not make sense to have an iPhone and not have data.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well they've already told you how to use it on Wifi but instead of Bossprefs you can get SBSettings which has a better interface. You swipe across the bar at the top of the screen and the SBSettings will slide down. If you have a 3G you will only see 3G and you can turn it on or off. You then have to go into more settings, set toggles and turn Edge on. This wont turn it on it will set it as visible in the SBSettings so you can make sure that is off too.

I have been using my iPhone without data since my 2G which I got when it launched. In Canada if you buy your phone personally outside of the carrier's store you can use it with or without data plan. I also have Wifi everywhere I am so don't see the need for the extra expense.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro