blackra1n jailbreak question

rs691919

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
OK, sorry for the rehash question but I may have missed the answer somewhere. I have a 16 GB 3GS 3.0 and Windows XP, iTunes 9. I do not ever want to unlock as my company is on ATT. I would like to jailbreak.

Should I first upgrade to 3.1.2 or should I jailbreak directly from 3.0? I have also seen it mentioned on here that people have 'restored' prior to jailbreaking. Why would that be necessary? Thanks in advance!!!

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
1. You should upgrade to 3.1.2 through iTunes first....make sure your iTunes is up todate.

2. Sometimes people have odd issues after an upgrade or a jailbreak. So restoring as a new phone could help you avoid some issues.

3. If you have trouble with the BlackRa1n jailbreak hanging, reset your phone, switch the phone to Airplane mode and try again.....this worked for me.

rs691919

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
It worked up to the point when I downloaded Cydia. Then it "resprung" and all of a sudden half of my icons were gone, including phone, messaging, ipod, contacts. What happened?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Holy cow man, I don't know. I've had Cydia do some weird things to my phone, like installs crashing or rebooting my phone, but I've never lost all my icons. Maybe somebody else can help with this??

I will tell you that I have had bad jailbreaks before. But all I did was restore the phone and re-jailbroke it and things were fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2