Nedd some help...NEW 3GS 3.01 MC model

ZosoPlayer

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
Ran out today and purchased a brand new 32gig 3GS from the AT&T store. I purchased one from older stock (week 36) to ensure I got the older bootrom. It came with FW 3.01 and modem FW 04.26.08. The model number is MC137LL.

My question is can I jailbreak this phone? I have read some posts that says a model MC cannot be jailbroken?

If it can be jailbroken, what steps should i take to ensure that i preserve the baseband to be able to unlock in the future?

I have searched google, but there is SO much info, it is hard to determine which is correct.

thank you!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The MC model has to do with the iPod Touch, not the iPhone.

If you want to jailbreak and unlock you need to find and download the proper firmware that has already gone through the PwnageTool.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, that's correct. But like he said, you just have to update your iPhone with a trusted source that can supply you with 3.1.2 custom ipsw file that's been created with Pwnage Tool for the Mac.

ZosoPlayer

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
DRTtigerlilly,

you need to look at the 4th and 5th numbers for the serial number for what week the iphone was made (or shipped or something). i asked the att salesman to go in the back and look at all the serial numbers, 4th and 5th numbers only, and let me know. my store had 1 '36', 1 '37', a few '39' etc...i was told you were safe for jailbreaking for all '39' or less...

i took the '36'. the saleman didn't care...

ZosoPlayer

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
LVCIVER,

Thanks. but why can't I first jailbreak the 3.01 using redsnow on the PC, then i can backup the 3.0 ECID SHSH via cydia. and then i can create a custom IPSW to upgrade to 3.1.2 with pnage tool on the mac? all the while keeping my baseband intact for future unlocking?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
LVCIVER,

Thanks. but why can't I first jailbreak the 3.01 using redsnow on the PC, then i can backup the 3.0 ECID SHSH via cydia. and then i can create a custom IPSW to upgrade to 3.1.2 with pnage tool on the mac? all the while keeping my baseband intact for future unlocking?

I don't think you'll be able to get your 3.0 ECID on Cydia anymore, but I could be wrong. I think there was a very small window where that was available. You could get your 3.1 ECID just fine.

And you can jailbreak your 3GS with redsnow, then get the custom firmware to preserve your unlock. That's just fine.

The hard part ( can be ) finding the PROPER firmware for your device.

ZosoPlayer

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you'll be able to get your 3.0 ECID on Cydia anymore, but I could be wrong. I think there was a very small window where that was available. You could get your 3.1 ECID just fine.

And you can jailbreak your 3GS with redsnow, then get the custom firmware to preserve your unlock. That's just fine.

The hard part ( can be ) finding the PROPER firmware for your device.

but can't I create my own custom firmware with pwnage 3.1.4? if not, what PROPER firmware should i be looking for? sorry, but i JB my 3g no prob, i seem not be getting this 3gs stuff...i guess because i want to try and preserve the unlock this time.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro