Some icons not changing

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys. I need your help. I'm not sure what I did or the events that took place that led to this but now whenever I change themes thru winterboard, my "Weather" and "Clock" icons don't change. They remain as the default icon regardless of what theme I change to. All other icons are fine except those two.

I'm running 3.01 with a iPhone 3gs and haven't ever ssh into the phone so I don't think I could have altered it in that way. How dobi go about fixing this? Thanks

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Refer to the thread I already started titled trouble w/ themes in 3.1.2

it's an issue with how the icons cache, the only way to fix it is to SSH into the phone and delete some files.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Oh wait I see you have 3.0.1, sorry about that. Hmmm, that's odd, 3.0.1 should be find with it, I would think, unless the problem is extending to iTunes and how it's syncing. Hmmm, maybe it more has something to do with the new way you can organize apps? Maybe that is messing with it.

I wonder...hmmmm

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm not using the most current version of iTunes and I noticed that this problem started was after I was changing to a theme and my phone crashed and went into safe mode. After that those two icons wouldn't change.

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I'm currently using iglasssol but again it doesn't matter which theme I Weather and CLock still doesn't convert to the appropriate icon. It stays as the default. This is a recent problem and have never faced this before until my springboard crashed one day and went into safe mode. It's not a huge problem but it's more of an eyesore as it doesn't match the rest of the icons.

Any other ideas?

Last edited:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Well - I only have 1 more suggestion and you probably won't want to hear it as it's a general pain in the arse. Have you tried restoring your phone and re-jailbreaking?

I know it's a pain but since you said your springboard crashed, I wonder if a file got messed up somewhere and that's what is causing winterboard and your themes to act all wonky. If you've tried everything else, I'd say at least give a restore a try and see if that fixes the issue?

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I did contemplate that but I would really rather try to manually fix it first before taking the extreme measure of restoring and doing the JB and unlock all over again.

Hopefully the weekend crowd can shed some light on the matter

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I can only suggest a few things but who knows maybe one will help.

Remove your theme in Winterboard so that it shows the regular Apple homescreen and reboot the phone. Then apply one of your themes and see if the icons will change.

Uninstall Winterboard and reboot your phone, then re-install and apply your theme to see if they change.

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Ipheuria. That's not a bad idea. If I uninstall winterboard and then reinstall, will my downloaded themes remain intact or will I have to redownload everything?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice