Help... Jailbreak Answers

fragle2112

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I just bought a 32 gig 3gs unlooked iphone.
I have been told no to update the software through Itunes as this will mean the unlook feature will be lost..

is this true?

I dont understand the term Jailbreak.. i down loaded alot of Apps but it tells me i need to Jailbreak the phone first...How can i do this and what does it do?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If you're unlocked you're jailbroken ( most likely ). Do you have an app called Cydia, Icy or Rock on your phone?

Do NOT upgrade your firmware through iTunes. You WILL lose your unlock.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Don't update your phone through iTunes. You will most certainly lose your unlock. The last update changed the baseband and there is no way to downgrade it. So stay away from the update.

Also, it may take a while but since you are the owner of an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone, I encourage you to learn all you can about jailbreaking and unlocking an iPhone. You can learn to to a lot of cool stuff. You can also mess up your phone if you don't know what you are doing either.

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
My brother bought an iphone in canada in apple store and is unlocked. he had to leave a sim in for 2 days on his return to the UK before he could put in his own sim. The guy in the store told him it was so he could go 'stealth' as apple send out viruses to unlocked phones. Id this true?
Also, can he not update firmware on itunes then?