MMS not sending

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

First of all I tried to search the forum for an answer but MMS is only three characters long and the search feature requires a minimum of FOUR characters!

I've noticed in the past few days (not really sure how long its been since I haven't used MMS for a while) that whenever I try to send an MMS it tries to send then fails. I thought at first it was because I was in a location with a weak signal but this is not the case since I've tried it in several locations.

I have jailbroken the phone (3GS 3.1) and MMS worked before I JB'd the phone. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the JB or if an app I've installed has caused the problem.

Any ideas on where I should check to see if settings are messed up or are there any known apps that cause this problem? Here is a list of the JB apps I've installed if that will help ... (the ones with asterisk were installed AFTER I noticed the issue)

3G Unrestrictor
Action Menu*
AptBackup
Backgrounder
Battery Control*
Call Controller*
CallMe
Categories
CyDelete*
Elert*
Five-Icon Dock
FontSwap
GV Mobile
InSpell
iBlacklist
iLocalis
Intelliscreen
iSmart Dialer*
LiveClock*
MyWi*
OpenSSH
qTweeter
SBSettings
Slide to Unlock Killer*
SMS Helper
SpotSMS
Winterboard
RockApp

Thanks in advance!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
^wow really? MMS 3 letters long? Try being creative and search again...

ok sry for giving u a hard time...

...u may need to restore and re-JB:)

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the same boat than you, been all day troubleshooting the issue, I think that it must have to be with me installing mywi, I remember that when removed mywi the first time, the tethering feature was removed from my Network settings, now even when i remove mywi tethering still there, it seems like a good thing, but believe me not necessarily for me, I was happy with PDANet and MMS.

Last edited:

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the same boat than you, been all day troubleshooting the issue, I think that it must have to be with me installing mywi, I remember that when removed mywi the first time, the tethering feature was removed from my Network settings, now even when i remove mywi tethering still there, it seems like a good thing, but believe me not necessarily for me, I was happy with PDANet and MMS.

took me 7 tries to get the right JB, i lost service on one of my previous attempts so anything can happen on a JB, u just have to keep trying...

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks ... I don't know that I want to go through the hassle since I hardly ever use MMS. I'll try sending an MMS to see if I can receive. If not I will restore and re-jb.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
before you re-jb...I had the same issue when I had mywi. I deleted mywi and still had tethering which was weird, but ne way after i deleted mywi and re-booted everything was fine and i had tethering still which was cool

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I restored to 3.1.2, and without restoring my data, I sent a couple of MMS, then, I just went back and Jailbroke it, then restored my settings, and guess what?, Same issue again, before I restored there was no tethering option in the settings, then after Restored the Tethering came back. So it eems that my restore brought it back.

I went back to 5.5 carrier Settings, reset the Network Settings and Reboot the phone, the Tethering feature dissapeared, so I tried the MMS again, and still nothing, so I went back to 5.6 carrier settings, reboot and nothing, reset the network settings again and still nothing.

So, as far as I can see it, I can send MMS only without JB, once I JB, bye bye MMS. So what else can be wrong?

Last edited:

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I got it working.

Just download this carrier Settings 6.0.

Then follow the instructions here, to install the carrier Update manually using iTunes.

Once you finish, reboot your phone (I also reset Network settings), then after the reboot, go tyour Network-Cellular data network settings and enter the following in the MMS area:

APN: wap.cingular
Username:
Password:
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
MMS Max Message Size: 614400

Also, others have posted these similar settings to be working:

Username: wap@cinulargprs.com
Password: CINGULAR1
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32:80

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
new Update.

Doing what I mentioned above, enabled my MMS but never got my tethering working, so I kept looking and just did the Cydia fix (Add repo.sinfuliphone.com source), just download the Enable tethering for ... option you need, reboot your iphone and once it finishes go to your Cellular Data settings and change them to this (just leave your Cellular Data with only; phone , as your APN setting) :

Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com:80

IMG_0050.png

Way faster sending the MMS, and also, just go to your Settings and enable your tethering feature as needed. Good luck.

Last edited:

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
MMS is working again! I reinstalled miwi and had a message pop up saying earlier versions of miwi had disabled mms and would I like to restore settings and reboot! Problem solved!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I got it working.

Just download this carrier Settings 6.0.

Then follow the instructions here, to install the carrier Update manually using iTunes.

Once you finish, reboot your phone (I also reset Network settings), then after the reboot, go tyour Network-Cellular data network settings and enter the following in the MMS area:

Username:
Password:
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32

this one worked for me, thanks bro! :D