unlocking iphone3g 3.1 problem

paulday

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
hey! I have been searching the forums and many websites for help on this and it looks like i will just have to wait for dev people to make something that works for everyone? I JB my phone easy but ive tried both yellowsnow and ultrasnow (seperately). Do I need to enter the details of my carrier manually for this to work? I am currently with Softbank in japan. I added this to my phone as well:

paulday

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
1. Go to link: unlockit.co.nz in your iphone using safari.
2. Tap Continue
3. Tap Custome APN
4. Enter APN: mailwebservice.softbank.ne.jp
Username: softbank
Password: qceffknarlurqgbl
V3 Tethering + MMS : Yes
Carrier: Blank
5. Tap Create Profile.
6. Goto Settings -> Messages -> set MMS Messaging : ON and MMS Email Address as ur softbank.ne.jp ID

from link: forum.gaijinpot.com/showthread.php?t=73537

Is there anything i'm missing so I can unlock my phone? it makes meeting up with people in a foreign country a ***** haha.

just to make clear I was on apples 3.1 firmware and i used firmware from here and followed the steps to JB my phone:

link: altafsayani.com/2009/09/17/how-to-jailbreak-iphone-3g2g-3-1-firmware-on-windows/

it wont let me post links yet dammit so much for trying to be clear and concise haha

would it work if I used this guide? the jb seems to have worked fine
link: modmyi.com/forums/general/685085-how-jailbreak-iphone-3g-3-1-windows.html

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
you have to give it time. Also search there are a couple of threads about the upgraded baseband. You can check your baseband version in Settings I think in About and look for Modem Firmware/Software. Check the Baseband 5.0x thread for the info. If you got the phone with 3.1 already on it the unlockability may not be possible right now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods