Upgrading 1st gen unlocked/jailbroken iphone

blablagirl

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Please excuse my lack of technological know-how. I went through the FAQs on this site and read other posts and still am pretty confused.

I have a first generation jailbroken/unlocked iphone currently on Rogers (Canada). It's running 2.2.1 firmware.

I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade to the latest firmware, 3.1.2, without bricking my phone. I tried to run Blackra1n but to no avail.

Do I have to update and restore my phone through iTunes before attempting to unlock it?

Can anyone help me out, I'm unfortunately a lot less tech savvy than I'd like to think I am.

Thanks so much.

Cheers

blablagirl

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't need it jailbroken, I just want to keep it unlocked. I'm not sure how to proceed as I don't want to end up with a brick.

Every info I find seems to refer to the 2nd and 3rd gen iPhones.

Cheers

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I don't need it jailbroken, I just want to keep it unlocked. I'm not sure how to proceed as I don't want to end up with a brick.

Every info I find seems to refer to the 2nd and 3rd gen iPhones.

Cheers

Well you can't have an unlock without a jailbreak.

That's probably because you are looking at blackra1n which strictly jailbreaks.

The Dev Team just released PwnageTool 3.1.4 that will jailbreak the newest firmware, but as of now, 3.1.x firmware is not unlockable from what I've read. You can jailbreak it, but not unlock.

If you download the 3.0 ipsw and manually upgrade to that, you should be able to jailbreak and unlock again, just do not install 3.1.x versions - as you will lose your unlock and not be able to get it back.

There are several threads already about manually installing a firmware bundle, so I'd start there.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73