3.0.1 JB to 3.1.2 JB will i keep my settings?

Martinbr

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I have an jailbroken iPhone 3GS that is running 3.0.1. I have made quite a few custom settings like other SMS tones etc. And i have installed many cydia apps like sbsettings, lockcalendar etc.

My question is: If i upgrade the FW to 3.1.2 in iTunes and then jailbreak it using Blackra1n, will i keep my settings and apps or will i have to install everything again?

Cheers,
Martin

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't really know about blackra1n but when I've done Jailbreak firmware upgrades it always wipes my phone clean. You do know that if you upgrade to 3.1.2 through iTunes you will upgrade your baseband which currently means your phone will become unlockable? I just wanted to make sure you knew that before going ahead.

daveeastman

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There's a program in Cydia called "Pkg BackUp". I think it's 2-3 bucks. As I understand it, you run this backup, sync with iTunes and you will notice a new contact that was created called Pkg BackUp. Then do your updating and JB, then resync your contacts with iTunes and you should be good to go.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i went from 3.0.1 JB via redsn0w to 3.1.2 JB via blackra1n. no issues with losing settings or apps. i used "AptBackup" from Cydia. it backs up all of your JB apps. before doing the upgrade, go into AptBackup and do a "Backup". then after you upgrade to 3.1.2 and re-JB, install AptBackup and hit it's "Restore" button. it will restore the JB apps/settings as you had it from before.

PS-i believe others are reporting that Rock app now saves all of your JB apps/settings as well, but i have not confirmed this.

mwg3c

Dec 16, 2008
Visit site
I am planning on upgrading from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2. Do I still need my IBSS, IBEC, and ECID files to ensure future jailbreaking? Can I use the "iBEC_iBSS_Grabber" tool when I am restoring to the Custom 3.1.2 firmware?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro