Cydia stopped loading?

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
seems that starting yesterday (1 day after JB from 3.0.1 via redsn0w to 3.1.2 via blackra1n) Cydia stopped loading/launching for me. i keep getting error messages at startup: "Error: Database. Encountered a section with no Package: header".

i just hit "Okay" and it eventually loads the Cydia Home screen. but Under "Sections" it just says "All Packages". I go into "All Packages" and nothing's there. I can't even see anything under "Manage". and i've tried to add a new source and it says some big error about "Did not Find Repository".

seems to be flaky for past 2 days now. anyone else having any Cydia problems? i may have to re-JB tonight and reinstall Cydia. never done that before, but i'm sure it's a possibility.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
it happened to me before J, i tried rebooting but it didnt clear it for me so i had to restore and re-JB and all that other happy horse sh*t and it works like a charm now!

gdluck!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
anytime...btw, i didnt think about this but u are able to uninstall cydia via blackra1n then re-install it again.

d.allen

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed Cydia doesn't work well with Rock.. if you have Rock on your phone.. try to delete that.. and only use Cydia.. let me know if this helps.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
@Loudrims_inc
how do you unistall Cydia via blackra1n? All I see is the option to install. So I ran it anyhow and all it did was install it again.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
was just playin' around in Rock app...got a notification to update Cydia. just came out. i upgraded then did a reboot. no change. same F'n errors. i think i'm about to delete Cydia and welcome in my new friends Rock & Icy.

:<

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
was just playin' around in Rock app...got a notification to update Cydia. just came out. i upgraded then did a reboot. no change. same F'n errors. i think i'm about to delete Cydia and welcome in my new friends Rock & Icy.

:<

Yea cydia acts funny like that, i went thru 7 restores and re-JB before i got the right install...FINALLYYYY

@Loudrims_inc
how do you unistall Cydia via blackra1n? All I see is the option to install. So I ran it anyhow and all it did was install it again.

ok, i investigated it, when i freshly JB and u have the blackra1n icon on the phone, u click it and u see Rock, Icy, and Cydia...i installed all 3 and after the install was complete, there is an uninstall option
when i click on my 'blackra1n' icon, i see an option to uninstall Rock, Icy, and Cydia...BUT now, after i rebooted the uninstall icons went away:eek: