May Have Really Blew It

BoomerSooner

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
On October 1st I purchased a 16Gb 3Gs. It came with the latest firmware 3.1and baseband software version. The phone is locked to AT&T. I received some bad info, and to make a long story short, I cannot use the phone. Is there any hope now or ever?

I use a PC but have access to a Mac if that would help.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to assume you want to use the iPhone on a network OTHER than AT&T? Right now that is not possible. Sorry :(

BoomerSooner

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I am currently with Unicel. AT&T has acquired Unicel but the deal will not be complete until December or so. Before purchasing the 3Gs, I was using a friend's 3G that had been jailbroken, and it was working perfectly until I clicked "Yes" to update to 3.1. The phone locked up. So I can use an Iphone on the Unicel network using the Unicel sim card.

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
When you updated the phone, the baseband was updated. What this means to you, is that it can't be unlocked to use the phone with another carrier's sim card unless somebody figures out how to crack it. The dev-team (who has created the jailbreak and unlock software) has no solution for unlocking the phone with the new baseband. They may someday, but I'm betting that the merger with AT&T will happen before the dev-team cracks the new baseband, considering that they're not even sure that they CAN crack the new baseband.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods