Need help syncing apps!

Wilsonator

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey all. I have a 3GS 16gig and recently upgraded to 3.2.1 and jailbroke using blackra1n. I installed cydia and got all my jailbroken apps but went to sync my medi. With iTunes (9.0.1) I encountered a problem. My music and contacts etc was fine, but on the applications page iTunes freezes up repeatedly anytime I try to select any apps to sync. I thought maybe because of the new organizing apps feature from iTunes I couldn't have any modifications to my springboard so I uninstalled any cydia apps that affect things like rows or columns and reverted back to 4 rows 4 columns and 4 icon dock but iTunes still freezes when I'm on the application page. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas to help?? I really don't want to have to download all of my apps thru the app store on my phone! Thanks in advance to any help!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
iTunes freeze when you're on the app page or when you're reorganizing apps? trying to choose apps to sync? I'm JB on 3.1 and I have no problems in iTunes at all. I have re-organized my apps through iTunes tons of times. I never used the five icon dock or any themes just in fear that the app screen might freeze up. Do you have a theme applied? try taking it off and sync see if it works. If all your other stuff work then you might need to redo the JB.

Wilsonator

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I have my theme disabled. And I tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes to no success. I can access the applications tab in iTunes but when I click on the check box next to "sync applications" it freezes and my entire iTunes becomes unresponsive. Might just have to restore I guess

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
any chance it could be an iTunes problem? and maybe an uninstall/reinstall of iTunes could fix this? i'm just spit-balling here because i've not experienced this either.

Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now

If it's not the latest iTunes, then that may be the issues. iTunes 9 when first released had a bug where iTunes would freeze and cause everything USB'd to it to freeze. The latest itunes bug fix, fixes this.

Wilsonator

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
okay i just did a full restore of my phone and set up as a new one and the same problem still persists. i have no idea. incredibly discouraged.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I think it's an iTunes thing and you'll have to remove all the drivers that iTunes installs, as jsut removing iTunes doesn't really do that from my experience. Try doing this

iPhone not recognized in iTunes for Windows
and start reading here:
Verify iPhone Driver/Service Installation

I had an issue like that in recovery mode and I had to remove and reinstall the driver manually ( USBAAPL.SYS ).

Wilsonator

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
thanks for all the help guys but still no use. i called apple earlier and they told me to uninstall itunes, restart computer then reinstall itunes and see if that works but it didnt work either. so i have to call them back tomorrow. hopefully they can help me more but the guy today said pretty much all he can do is send me an email that says to uninstall and reinstall etc since i dont have the applecare package.