hidden apps after installing blackra1n

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
good morning/afternoon/evening all,

i posted this question in the "iPhone Help" section previously, but was 'referred' to the JB forum (previous link: http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-help/179550-hidden-apps-after-3-1-2-jb.html)

here goes,

I have been running just fine since upgrading my OS from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2 with Blackra1n. However after installing cydia and running a restore from AptBackup, I have noticed many of my apps are hidden. I can find them in spotlite but no icon can be found throughout the pages

I WAS using Categories app but removed it. It was not working right after upgrading to 3.1.2. Any suggestions on how to get these hidden apps to show back up in Springboard?? Thanks

also here is the update to my troubleshooting. tried turning restrictions on (then restarting springboard) then turned off restrictions in settings. this yielded no change. i then did a sync with iTunes just to see if the apps show up afterwards.

**FINAL UPDATE**
just looked at app layout in iTunes. it shows all my 'hidden' apps on the last couple pages within springboard. so this explains why they are found in search and are usable. but it doesn't answer why the icons are hidden. see what the sync brings.

any thoughts on why these icons are missing??

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
after installing JB with blackra1n i first installed AptBackup and ran a 'restore' of all JB apps. then i opened Categories app to reload the custom icons i made. but when i looked in the Categories folders (within the app) they showed "0" apps within any of those folders. so basically, they were already missing before i deleted Categories.

so then i reinstalled Categories to try and remove the apps. but even within the folders i made, the apps just aren't there. so i didn't know what else to do with Categories so i deleted it again.

that's where i am at this point. but thanks dragonc12, i did remember to try that.

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
u are my new best friend! actually, i already had SBSettings installed so i opened that and selected the Hidden Icons. guess what apps were shown as hidden? yup, all the ones i was missing. so i thank you for the idea PocketAces21 <tips the scales>!

Im tipping them too as I had the same problem!