blackra1n troubleshooting

VOODOO

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
VOODOO,

Your newer iPod Touch has the new bootrom that is not exploitable to be able to re-jailbreak without being attached to a computer and having Blackra1n run again. There is no getting around this right now.

Thnx for the info, will wait and see what happens with dev-team

zyberblue

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
help me please!!! I tried to jailbreak my ipod touch, and i used blackrain... WHen i clicked MAKE IT RAIN, the usb connect to itunes appeard, but the problem is, it turned to a pink distorted something like image!!! and even now it's still pink!! i cant turn it off, help me pls!! i tried to close the blackrain program, and then tried to unplug the usb from my ipod, and connected them again and opened blackrain... it keeps on saying WAITING FOR DEVICE... help me please... huhuhuhu!!!

maronian23

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
help me please!!! I tried to jailbreak my ipod touch, and i used blackrain... WHen i clicked MAKE IT RAIN, the usb connect to itunes appeard, but the problem is, it turned to a pink distorted something like image!!! and even now it's still pink!! i cant turn it off, help me pls!! i tried to close the blackrain program, and then tried to unplug the usb from my ipod, and connected them again and opened blackrain... it keeps on saying WAITING FOR DEVICE... help me please... huhuhuhu!!!
I am having the same problem. zyberblue? When did you purchase your ipod? I had an 8gig 3g iphone and used blackrain with no problem. I just purchased 3gs a few days ago and now I am having this problem. I am wondering if the newer phones and ipods sold are programed to block blackrain. Just a thought because I have been reading many people in different forums having this same issue within the past few days... Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? I have to restore to everytime.

Moki#IM

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys, I just got my Itouch couple days ago and I want to Jailbreak it^^. Well I installed BlackRa1n into my Ipod everything is fine when I havn't Install Cydia. Since I don't have Wi-fi at home so I have to use Barnes& Novel's Wi-fi (^_^). And because of that I wont be able to connect the Ipod to my Pc(Vista).Then I update and Install Cydia while im at the book store. But the problem is after I install and updated it ,I restart my Ipod it wont let me in! (the USB>iTunes pop up instead and stay there then turn off) Plzzzzz Help Me:DDD

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site

try putting it in DFU Mode then JB

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I am having the same problem. zyberblue? When did you purchase your ipod? I had an 8gig 3g iphone and used blackrain with no problem. I just purchased 3gs a few days ago and now I am having this problem. I am wondering if the newer phones and ipods sold are programed to block blackrain. Just a thought because I have been reading many people in different forums having this same issue within the past few days... Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? I have to restore to everytime.

nooo...the newer iPhones have to do a tethered JB meaning whenever u reboot and/ or power off your phone for any reason then u have to run blackra1n on your desktop to get your JB back...its actually not as bad as it sounds..gd luck

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Hello guys, I just got my Itouch couple days ago and I want to Jailbreak it^^. Well I installed BlackRa1n into my Ipod everything is fine when I havn't Install Cydia. Since I don't have Wi-fi at home so I have to use Barnes& Novel's Wi-fi (^_^). And because of that I wont be able to connect the Ipod to my Pc(Vista).Then I update and Install Cydia while im at the book store. But the problem is after I install and updated it ,I restart my Ipod it wont let me in! (the USB>iTunes pop up instead and stay there then turn off) Plzzzzz Help Me:DDD

Maybe u can try reJBing...

JTurray

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Alright i jailbroke my iphone 3gs with 3.1.2 OS my question it how do i sync it now without restoring and losing the JB. when i connect to itunes it says must restore iphone to sync with itunes

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
When that happens, just ignore iTunes for a minute and run Blackra1n again. Then you'll be able to sync.

geneside024

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
just upgraded from 3g to 3gs. Blackrain worked perfectly on my 3g. I jailbreaked my 3gs with success but with one very annoying flaw. Everytime i turn off my phone a usb cord and itunes icon appears on my screen. I tried holding both the power and home button until the apple sign comes on but to no avail. the first time this happened i connected to itunes and it asked me to restore my phone. which i did. it was very long and annoying. i rehacked my phone successfully until i turned it off again and the same issue occured. Anytime i reboot or shutdown my phone this always happens. Ive hacked many other phones for my friends and this hasnt happened to them. any ideas guy???

namdamage

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
thanks for getting back to me,gonna jailbreak using Blackra1n just gotta wait til vodafone sends the iphone no doubt it will be version 3.1.2

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
just upgraded from 3g to 3gs. Blackrain worked perfectly on my 3g. I jailbreaked my 3gs with success but with one very annoying flaw. Everytime i turn off my phone a usb cord and itunes icon appears on my screen. I tried holding both the power and home button until the apple sign comes on but to no avail. the first time this happened i connected to itunes and it asked me to restore my phone. which i did. it was very long and annoying. i rehacked my phone successfully until i turned it off again and the same issue occured. Anytime i reboot or shutdown my phone this always happens. Ive hacked many other phones for my friends and this hasnt happened to them. any ideas guy???

If you'll look at almost any (complete) thread in the jailbreak forum at this point, you'll see all the instructions and note that with the newer 3GS (which you obviously have) you can only do a tethered jailbreak. Seriously. Just do a search for "tethered jailbreak."

davidperez

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
somebody please help im so frustrated. i followed all the steps and when i go to click on make it rain a window pops up and says blackra1n.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. i downloaded it like 5 different times. tried rebooting my computer. idk what to do

immyfan

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
No wi fi after jailbroke with blackra1n

finally broke my 3g/3.1.2 with balckra1n. Great outcome. using both Cydia and Rock for apps with success. Was never requested to hook up to wi fi network just as happened before with some apps I had. Just tried to find out which network was available and phone can not see/detect any. Before Jailbroken it was a breeze to connect. Downloaded blackra1n with Mac OS 10.6. Do not want to go back, please help.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
davidperez - do you have the latest version of iTunes, and have you made sure you've already upgraded your iPhone to 3.1.2?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR