blackra1n troubleshooting

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I am done with jailbreaking. I had my iPhone 3GS jailbroke back in the 3.0 days and I honestly can't say there is anything that would make me wanna go back. I downloaded blackra1n anyway, but I do not plan to use it. I just like not having to worry about updating and safe mode and crap like that. I like me a nice stable OS.

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
ppl make sure you kill all services related to itunes before you run blackrain and remenber to run it as admin all this problems are related to usb comand and to blackra1n not been able to comunicate with the device. simply kill the itunes related services at task manager. make sure you end process tree of all ituneshelper.exe and everything else bonjour too and mdnsresponder too. then

make it ra1n!

joesant324

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
ppl make sure you kill all services related to itunes before you run blackrain and remenber to run it as admin all this problems are related to usb comand and to blackra1n not been able to comunicate with the device. simply kill the itunes related services at task manager. make sure you end process tree of all ituneshelper.exe and everything else bonjour too and mdnsresponder too. then

make it ra1n!

Did that. Running attempt 2 with itunes closed. How long does the iTunes logo and usb logo stay in the iPhone screen before "young g-lucas" appears on my phone?

ducs9999

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I had the same problem as everybody so to fix it, I reboot and than I did the following:
closed Firewall, MSN, Skype & VPN and after that, it works like perfectly.....

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I was on 3.0, I upgraded to 3.1.2 through iTunes, then did the jailbreak with blackra1n, and it went flawlessly the first time on my 32GB 3GS. Going to watch the battery drain and all that since I did do a restore of my old settings, worst case I'll restore as new and re-jailbreak.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I am done with jailbreaking. I had my iPhone 3GS jailbroke back in the 3.0 days and I honestly can't say there is anything that would make me wanna go back. I downloaded blackra1n anyway, but I do not plan to use it. I just like not having to worry about updating and safe mode and crap like that. I like me a nice stable OS.

I did it and it was so easy. Thank you geo

I lol'd, this made my Monday.

joesant324

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
OK, just though i would post my JB experience. Once again, I am using a PC (vista) iPhone 3g (Out of the box, updated through iTunes to 3.1.2, never previously JB'd). Downloaded blackrain according to intructions. 1st attempt seemed locked on the recovery screen. Tried it again ending al iTunes related functions and processes in the background and it seemed to work. Thought all was good except I could not use any apps that were dowloaded through iTunes. Later sync'd w/ iTunes and all systems are currently go! I am loving playing around with Cydia.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have problems with email attachments after JBing w/ blackra1n?

What kind of problem? What kind of attachment? Is this with NEW emails w/ attachments or old ones that were already on the phone?

BTW, I just checked an email on my work account ( IMAP ) w/ an Excel attachment and it worked just fine.

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
What kind of problem? What kind of attachment? Is this with NEW emails w/ attachments or old ones that were already on the phone?

BTW, I just checked an email on my work account ( IMAP ) w/ an Excel attachment and it worked just fine.

both. Emails already on iPhone plus new ones.

burnsy87

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
So I have tried blackra1n on both vista and xp. Same issue happens with both. It sits in recovery mode forever, I unplug it eventually and it says that upon restart blackra1n will be available to install. It's not there. I have now done this at least 10 times, I actually had to restore the iphone a few times when using the vista computer because it locked up in the early phases of putting blackra1n on the phone.

I have done all the steps for vista (run as admin, run in xp service pack 2 compatibility, closed all itunes related processes, tried running it from desktop, C drive, D drive...everywhere)

For the love of god somebody tell me they know what I can do to fix this.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
So I have tried blackra1n on both vista and xp. Same issue happens with both. It sits in recovery mode forever, I unplug it eventually and it says that upon restart blackra1n will be available to install. It's not there. I have now done this at least 10 times, I actually had to restore the iphone a few times when using the vista computer because it locked up in the early phases of putting blackra1n on the phone.

I have done all the steps for vista (run as admin, run in xp service pack 2 compatibility, closed all itunes related processes, tried running it from desktop, C drive, D drive...everywhere)

For the love of god somebody tell me they know what I can do to fix this.

Hmm. I never had any issues. Here is what I did.

1) update iPhone to 3.1.2
2) close all apps on computer
3) download a fresh copy of blackra1n ( in your case delete previous one)
4) close iTunes and related process
5) plug in iPhone
6) make it ra1n

give that a try

burnsy87

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Hmm. I never had any issues. Here is what I did.

1) update iPhone to 3.1.2
2) close all apps on computer
3) download a fresh copy of blackra1n ( in your case delete previous one)
4) close iTunes and related process
5) plug in iPhone
6) make it ra1n

give that a try

Tried that on both computers. Heck, my laptop which is running XP was recently completely restored, it has next to nothing on it. Only firefox, aim, and itunes.

I googled every known process to Itunes, killed all of them, and closed every other program that was running.

My phone will either lock up in the recovery mode, and never get to the part where blackrain says it is running, or it will go through and have done nothing.

In the former case, I have to completely restore my phone. This has happened my last 3 attempts on my vista desktop. I am going to give it a couple more tries on my XP laptop, but i doubt it will work.

This is very frustrating.

Thanks for the response.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner