Tutorial : Jailbreak iphone 3.1.2 with blackra1n

Chrille1101

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Help !!!!!

I've been spending hours in trying to Jailbreak my new Iphone 3GS with 3.1.2 using Blackra1n. I've reed every web site that I could find and tried all possible trix but end up at the same place everytime. DONE, WAIT FOR REBOOT !!!???? and nothing happends. I've seen a lot of people having the same problem and read about several suggestions for fixes but none work ????

Anybody outthere that can help !!!!!! :(

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
I've been spending hours in trying to Jailbreak my new Iphone 3GS with 3.1.2 using Blackra1n. I've reed every web site that I could find and tried all possible trix but end up at the same place everytime. DONE, WAIT FOR REBOOT !!!???? and nothing happends. I've seen a lot of people having the same problem and read about several suggestions for fixes but none work ????

Anybody outthere that can help !!!!!! :(

have you tried JB on a different computer? some have found that their particular anti-virus software was interfering with their JB. if you have access to another PC/Mac, i'd give that a try.

Random Hero

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Is this just for the iPhone or does this work for iPod too? I keep trying and the logo will come up and everything and it will say wait for reboot. It does, but the screen goes black and the iPod won't turn on. am I doing something wrong

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
never heard of that issues...can u post a pic of the screen where it says that...that would help us out alot in figuring this out...thanks

Can't upload pictures on here as haven't posted enough. description below.

I have 15 apps that are in Itunes at the minute and whenever I connect my iphone it trys to sync them. I downloaded thses via newsgroups. The error it brings up is:

"some of the applications in your iphone library were not installed on the iphone because one or more errors occured.
For a list of the applications that could not be installed, please click the + icon.

+ 15 total warnings

And two buttons - OK + More information.
If I click the more information, it directs me to Troubleshooting applications purchased from the App Store site.

The apps I'm trying to install include:

Monopoly
Yahtzee
Guitar rock
pro evo soccer 2009
Tom tom UK
Assassins creed

They are in my applications folder on itunes, but whenever I load up, I get the error and they don't make it over to the phone. I thought JBing would stop this.

As for Cydia...when I go into the cydia store, there is a price next to each app e.g. $2.99...when I click it asks me to login. Just thought apps through cydia were for free...sorry If I was wrong.

Any help appreciated.

TheDon23

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been trying to JB my 3G iPhone for several hours, to no avail. I've tried following the instructions on ''Wickman Studios" but nothing seems to be making it work.

Any tips so I can get this done? I'm relatively new to JBing as I've "seen" it done before but never actually attempted it on my own product.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

tense95

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
prob with five colum

never heard of that issues...can u post a pic of the screen where it says that...that would help us out alot in figuring this out...thanks

I got five dock no problem but when i get five colum and hit install it saids or should i say the next page instead having the confirm buttom it has nothing on the right , on the left corner ir has cancel/quene and in the center it saids
Note the requested modifictions cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed . any idea what went wrong or if theres a different type of app i can ussed intead ?

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been trying to JB my 3G iPhone for several hours, to no avail. I've tried following the instructions on ''Wickman Studios" but nothing seems to be making it work.

Any tips so I can get this done? I'm relatively new to JBing as I've "seen" it done before but never actually attempted it on my own product.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

The steps that worked for me are as follows:

sync iPhone to iTunes
restore
ran blackra1n and made it rain
started up iTunes which activated iPhone
set up as new iphone
sync iPhone with iTunes

I have a question of my own. I'm trying to find the right themes for me. I can't get any keyboard theme to work. Are they just not compatible or am I doing something wrong?

Random Hero

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I'm really getting frustrated. It works and everything up until the part where it says done, wait for reboot. It shows the picture and everything, then it just shuts off and won't come back on. When I go to itunes it asks me to restore it. It just keeps erasing everything and not giving me the jailbreak.

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I love it but just having a problem now with cydia since I installed Icy.
Cydia is saying it doesn't recognise it's version because of icy.
Is there a way to uninstall icy?
Do I have to restore and JB again?
Cheers

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
I love it but just having a problem now with cydia since I installed Icy.
Cydia is saying it doesn't recognise it's version because of icy.
Is there a way to uninstall icy?
Do I have to restore and JB again?
Cheers

i believe Cydia & Icy don't play well together. choose one. and unfortunately, in order to delete Icy you will have to re-JB. that shouldn't be a big deal though. just make sure to do a backup of JB apps and through iTunes first

rs691919

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
OK, sorry for the rehash question but I may have missed the answer somewhere. I have a 16 GB 3GS 3.0 and Windows XP, iTunes 9. I do not ever want to unlock as my company is on ATT. I would like to jailbreak.

Should I first upgrade to 3.1.2 or should I jailbreak directly from 3.0? I have also seen it mentioned on here that people have 'restored' prior to jailbreaking. Why would that be necessary? Thanks in advance!!!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
i upgraded to 3.1.2 to JB with blackra1n...since u have 3.0, u can JB with redsn0w if u want or upgrade and JB with blackra1n.

rs691919

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I upgraded to 3.1.2 and jailbreaked with blackrai1n. Everything worked. Download Cydia, then click on the Cydia icon..it said "reorganizing"...then my whole springboard was messed up. can't see contacts/phone/ipod/messages icon. What happened???

rs691919

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I had restored before jailbreaking and then used my back up. The blackra1n icon showed up just fine. Clicked on it and downloaded Cydia which then showed up just fine. But when I clicked on Cydia, all hell broke loose...said it was "reorganizing" and then when it finished, half the icons had disappeared. Couldn't make phone calls/send messages/play iPod. I am in the process of restoring and reloading my back up now. Guess I can give it another whirl when I have more time. Maybe it was just a quirk.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Maybe restore from new, not back up. Try installing just Rock and hold off on Cydia till u try it out first. If that works install winterboard first before anything else. If your going to install that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro