Tutorial : Jailbreak iphone 3.1.2 with blackra1n

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
ok thats what i figured...still, i have no winterboard icon...should winterboard have downloaded automatically when i JB with blackra1n?

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
ok thats what i figured...still, i have no winterboard icon...should winterboard have downloaded automatically when i JB with blackra1n?

yes it should have. you also said you have Cydia, so i'm not sure why it's not there. after installing SpotBright, did you respring? sometimes those features don't take effect without a respring. or maybe even a restart wouldn't hurt in this situation. if that doesn't work, i'm thinking restore the iPhone and re-JB.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
yes it should have. you also said you have Cydia, so i'm not sure why it's not there. after installing SpotBright, did you respring? sometimes those features don't take effect without a respring. or maybe even a restart wouldn't hurt in this situation. if that doesn't work, i'm thinking restore the iPhone and re-JB.

ok i restarted my phone and still no luck...btw, when i opened cydia, i went to check all apps i installed and winterboard wasnt one of them...

heckt51

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
thanks maybe geohot will give step inst on here I'm sure it very simple still appreciate all his and your hard work restoring phone now will wait or live with it till later
THANKS ALL

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
weird. then i'd definitely go into Cydia and install it. sounds like something went wrong during the initial JB.

hmm...i tried DL'ing winterboard earlier but when my phone rebooted, it froze on the apple screen then shut off on me and it kept doing it when i tried turning on my phone so i was forced to restore and JB again...i hope this doesnt happen again!:mad:

plevine1

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm throwing in the towel. I know when I am beat. Tried every solution recommended a few times. Tried clicking my heels and throwing salt over my shoulder. My 3G is not meant to be JB

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
ok same here...my original JB, i DL Icy as well as the other 2 and it came up as an error saying Icy and Cydia cannot be installed together or something weird like that so i was just wondering

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
ok same here...my original JB, i DL Icy as well as the other 2 and it came up as an error saying Icy and Cydia cannot be installed together or something weird like that so i was just wondering

from what i understand, Icy is just a watered-down version of Cydia. doesn't eat up as much memory and less laggy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen