Tutorial : Jailbreak iphone 3.1.2 with blackra1n

Tothemobile

Banned
Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Here is the Tutorial for Jailbreak iphone 3.1.2 with blackra1n

WARNING: GeoHot jailbreak supports 3.1.2 do not update if you are on iPhone OS 3.0.1 or 3.0. Warning 3g and 3gs unlockers, do not upgrade to 3.1.2 using iTunes if you want to keep your unlock. Baseband cannot be downgraded. This one is Only Jailbreak not the Unlock. It worked on iphone 2G, 3G, 3GS.

Jailbreak iphone 3.1.2 with blackra1n | TechnoBuzz.net

sommerface

Jan 10, 2009
www.thevoiceof3.com
Thank you, Tothemobile, for posting that!

This is all so tempting, but I need to know if anyone else besides happypants is having bad battery life. It's easy to jailbreak, but going back to non-jailbreak is a pain in the bum.

Tothemobile

Banned
Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Thank you, Tothemobile, for posting that!

This is all so tempting, but I need to know if anyone else besides happypants is having bad battery life. It's easy to jailbreak, but going back to non-jailbreak is a pain in the bum.

No idea About that, Let me confirm it with our team

iverhoob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Hey all, Its not just this particular JB. Its all of them so far! Its not a phone specific problem either as ive got a 2G, 3G and 3G(s) and its always been the same on them all :(

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK so let me ask the stupid question. Does blackra1n only JB 3.1.2? or can I use it to JB any firmware? I'm currently on 3.1 and although I don't need my phone unlocked I'd like to retain the unlockability for future sale. So if 3.1.2 has to be updated to before I can run blackra1n I wont be able to try it out.

Last edited:

Vic_C

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I want to try jailbreaking as I have not done such yet but have many questions I have not found answers to looking through the forums.

1. What do I do after I have jailbroken my phone as far as email, tunes, photos, apps I already have prior to jailbreak?

2. Do I need to resync with iTunes in order to get all this info back on my device? I know not to update anything once jailbroke but how do I get the info(Contacts, Calender, Tunes, etc...) back on my phone? I am not trying to unlock as I am with AT&T, I just want to know how to get all of the above back on. Thanks so much for any info you guys can provide!!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
1. Same as you did before. JB doesn't change any of that.

2. none of the info will go off your device.

The whole process is a lot easier than you could imagine.

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
After one initial hangup (i needed to disable my firewall) blackra1n installed without a hitch! It was quick and easy. I did run into an issue with Winterboard and Cydia. My phone froze up trying to install all my apps and themes. But after a reboot everything seems fine so far. Gonna keep an eye on the battery. but even before I jailbroke, I've always had to charge my phone once a day at least.

joesant324

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Ok, attempt 1. . . never went to geohot recovery screen, I waited a few minutes. Recovery #1. Gonna make another try after recovery is complete. Should I reboot my phone once it is recovered? Any other advice? wait. . . uh-oh. . . it said "recovery could not complete. unknown error ocurred." ****.

joesant324

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
My phone is stuck in recovery mode, not being recognized by itunes, I can't turn it off even! WTF? My computer actually didn't recognize it! iPhone 3G, out of the box, already updated to 3.1.2 On a PC. Help?

ebonyx99

Oct 15, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the blackra1n JB tutorial. I'm on iPhone 3g and I haven't updated to 3.1.2 yet. I've read the tutorial and the only issue I have is #9 (9. Once your device reboots it will be jailbroken and you will notice a blackra1n icon on the desktop. Make sure you have an WiFi connection and press to launch the application) I don't have access to WiFi at home. So what's the alternative?

shadax

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Pardon me for being a bit naive here. But won't upgrading to 3.1.2 also update the baseband?

Unlocking is not my concern, (I'm in the U.S. with AT&T) so if my baseband is changed from 4.26.08 to whatever the current is, will blackra1n still work for me?

Furthermore, I have a friend who immediately updated to 3.1.1 when he got his iphone, so he was never able to jailbreak it (he facepalmed hard :p). Will blackra1in work for him now after he updates to 3.1.2?

Thank you very much!

Also...

Edit (avoiding double post):
Thanks for the blackra1n JB tutorial. I'm on iPhone 3g and I haven't updated to 3.1.2 yet. I've read the tutorial and the only issue I have is #9 (9. Once your device reboots it will be jailbroken and you will notice a blackra1n icon on the desktop. Make sure you have an WiFi connection and press to launch the application) I don't have access to WiFi at home. So what's the alternative?

I am guessing that this is the way you will need to download Cydia to your iphone and it can't be done over 3G. You have no wireless router to connect to?

Maybe go somewhere that offers free wifi?

Last edited:

dave@wickmanstudios

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
There has been a little discrepancy regarding the exact process.. it took a few tries and a little research, but here are the exact steps to Jailbreak your 3.1.2 iPhone or iPod touch via blackra1n jailbreak by geoHot RC1 - Wickman Studios - Exact Steps to Jailbreak Your 3.1.2 iPhone or iPod Touch via blackra1n jailbreak by geoHot RC1
The following steps Verified and Working on my iPhone 3g with 3.1.2

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes upgrading to 3.1.2 will update the baseband, and that means you will not be able to unlock. But you will be able to jailbreak. Your friend can now jailbreak even though he has already updated (he just won't be able to unlock).

Pardon me for being a bit naive here. But won't upgrading to 3.1.2 also update the baseband?

Unlocking is not my concern, (I'm in the U.S. with AT&T) so if my baseband is changed from 4.26.08 to whatever the current is, will blackra1n still work for me?

Furthermore, I have a friend who immediately updated to 3.1.1 when he got his iphone, so he was never able to jailbreak it (he facepalmed hard :p). Will blackra1in work for him now after he updates to 3.1.2?

Thank you very much!

Also...

Edit (avoiding double post):

I am guessing that this is the way you will need to download Cydia to your iphone and it can't be done over 3G. You have no wireless router to connect to?

Maybe go somewhere that offers free wifi?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW