How To: iPhone Jailbreaking 3.1

mikenyc2

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know when the How To's for Jailbreaking will be updated for 3.1?

I am trying to find out how to Jailbreak, my iPhone 3G using Windows. Even the Dev site doesn't talk about how to jailbreak 3.1 under windows. when I look at "QuickPwn Release Info" or "redsn0w.com", they are old information. They do not talk about jailbreaking 3.1.

From what I understand, those are the only 2 s/w I can use to Jailbreak under Windows.

Am I correct?

Thanks all..

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Does anyone know when the How To's for Jailbreaking will be updated for 3.1?

I am trying to find out how to Jailbreak, my iPhone 3G using Windows. Even the Dev site doesn't talk about how to jailbreak 3.1 under windows. when I look at "QuickPwn Release Info" or "redsn0w.com", they are old information. They do not talk about jailbreaking 3.1.

From what I understand, those are the only 2 s/w I can use to Jailbreak under Windows.

Am I correct?

Thanks all..

you won't find any instructions until the DevTeam or Geohot or whoever else is working on it finishes their JB update. right now, only Mac users using PwnageTool can JB running OS 3.1.

sucks if you just bought your iPhone and 3.1 came pre-installed. glad i got my 3GS when 3.0 was still on it. i was able to use redsn0w to JB running 3.0.1 and haven't looked back since.

there are a few threads here on TiPb (i believe) and on other websites that discuss how to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0.1 OS for the sake of JB, but i have no links to give you. sry

mikenyc2

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks jglowe74

I have still on 3.0 I won't upgrade to 3.1 until there IS a Jailbreak under Windows. That was y I enquired. Thought i missed something.

I guess I'll have to live with 3.0 until they have a Windows version.

Thanks again.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
If you wait a day or two, Geohot will e releasing a Windows tool that can jailbreak ANY version of the OS, including the newly released 3.1.2 in less than 10 seconds and 5 clicks.

No "putting your phone into restore or DFU mode", nothing. Just Clio a button, wait 10 seconds, and you're done.

All hail the king!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Damn that almost sounds too good to be true. I'm hoping beyond hope that it is true because man o man would I jump on that bandwagon so fast.

If someone on a Mac uses pwnage tool to create a custom ipsw, or however it's spelled, can't a windows user restore to that file in iTunes?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, the Windows users can restore to the ipsw created by a Mac using Pwnage Tool.

Also - trust me, it's true about the 1-click jailbreak. That's EXACTLY what purplera1n, Geohot's other 3G jailbreak tool was like. Connect it, click, wait 15 seconds, and voil?, there you go.

mikenyc2

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
What about the baseband? With those one-click jailbreak, does it also help with unlocking the phone? In other words, does the 1-click do a jailbreak AND unlock? If not, how do we unlock?

wmgolden#IM

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
What about the baseband? With those one-click jailbreak, does it also help with unlocking the phone? In other words, does the 1-click do a jailbreak AND unlock? If not, how do we unlock?

My understanding is that this does nothing to the baseband. So for those of us that have 3.1 using windows....will the jailbreak be enough or are we screwed because this does not touch the baseband?

frank738

May 8, 2009
Visit site
3.1 3GS Jailbreak Woes

Hi Everyone. Has anyone that has done the windows workaround (restoring to a customer 3.1 file generated with a mac) having trouble connecting to the internet on their device? I am getting "unable to activate cellular data network." I was originally getting this message when I updated to 3.0; however, I haven't had a problem since installing the custom APN settings from unlockit.co.nz. Even after doing the workaround to get 3.1 jailbroken on a 3GS with windows, I wasn't having this issue...at least not until about an hour ago. I upgraded to a customer 3.1 firmware about 4 days ago. I have revisted that site (Unlockit.co.nz) and reinstalled the file again but no luck. Any tips?

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi Everyone. Has anyone that has done the windows workaround (restoring to a customer 3.1 file generated with a mac) having trouble connecting to the internet on their device? I am getting "unable to activate cellular data network." I was originally getting this message when I updated to 3.0; however, I haven't had a problem since installing the custom APN settings from unlockit.co.nz. Even after doing the workaround to get 3.1 jailbroken on a 3GS with windows, I wasn't having this issue...at least not until about an hour ago. I upgraded to a customer 3.1 firmware about 4 days ago. I have revisted that site (Unlockit.co.nz) and reinstalled the file again but no luck. Any tips?

I jailbroke my 3g using windows to 3.1 jailbreak and after a few days I got the same problem. I thought I would have to restore my entire phone but I didnt have to. All i did was go to iTunes, right clicked my phone, clicked "Restore from backup" and when it completed, nothing changed...except I wasn't getting that error anymore.

I dont back up my phone that often but I could have sworn I had just backed up the phone the previous day so I dunno why im not getting the error anymore.

Hope this helps

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73