3.1 on iphone 3g

xhan

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry if this is a really basic question but reading things on a million different sites has made me incredibly confused!

I have an 'official' iPhone 3G on O2 running firmware 3.1. I've never done any jailbreaking of any sort.

Can I jailbreak it?

I have a mac and have downloaded the latest version of pwnage tool and I have successfully managed to confuse the hell out of myself! :S

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
There are a number of threads out there that go into detail about JB'ing your iPhone. Do a SEARCH. HAGD/MGB, IGoSlo

xhan

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
There are a number of threads out there that go into detail about JB'ing your iPhone. Do a SEARCH. HAGD/MGB, IGoSlo

Thats what I've been doing for the past two days. I just need a yes or no answer, I'm capable of finding out how to do it - I just want to know if its possible for my model.

Different sites say different things.

My iphone was bought at 3.0 and I upgraded it to 3.1.

xhan

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
You have a 3G? Then yes, its possible. I would check out the devteam blog. Just search google for it.

Thank you! I worked out why I thought it wasn't possible. I was selected iphone in pwnage tool not iphone 3gs - because it doesn't say which one to choose if you have a 3g!

All is working now and I have a jailbroken iphone

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
As stated, YES you can JB. Just Be Careful, get as much info before hand as you can. Good Luck, HAGD/MGB, IGoSlo

joesant324

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Thank you! I worked out why I thought it wasn't possible. I was selected iphone in pwnage tool not iphone 3gs - because it doesn't say which one to choose if you have a 3g!

All is working now and I have a jailbroken iphone

Do you have a PC or MAC?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
He has a Mac.

Do you have Winterboard? Cycorder? are they working for you? Ever since I did my JB both aren't working so I'm thinking of redoing it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2