Dev-Team releases pwnage for 3gs 3.1

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
So no luck if we on 3.1 already:(

Nope. It was posted everywhere not to update until they had the pwnage tool ready.

I'm sooo happy now that I bought my MacBook Pro. I didn't buy it just to jailbreak, but being able to jailbreak is a nice bonus. Totally surprised that the dev-team is abandoning all of their Windows followers like this though. Big ol' thumbs down. I hope they change their minds.

jfclague

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Another detail description for Windows:

redmondpie DOT com SLASH jailbreak-iphone-3gs-with-firmware-3.1-on-windows-yev842

Replace DOT with .
Replace SLASH with /

DaPeeps

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Everyone needs to calm down. They said they will not be developing a Windows version of PwnageTool. Pwnage tool has always been MacOSX. The tool for Windows is called RedSnow, and thats what we will get...an updated version of RedSnow...I would imagine in a few days.

Now me...I just borrowed my friends MacBook :) I dont understand why we cant just post copies of the custom built firmwares that Pwnage tool builds. Pwnagetool doesnt actually perform the jailbreak on the phone...all it does is build a custom firmware, and then you just run that custom firmware in iTunes. I confirmed this myself...I used my friends MacBook to build the custom file, then used my Windows PC to load in onto my phone. Did this with 3 iphone 3GS's...and they all worked just fine with the one custom built file.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
DaPeeps - You CAN do this, you just need to upload the file to a web server and give people the links!

What EXACT OPTIONS did you use when creating this custom ipsw?

Mattsworld

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I will create the custom firmware using my macbook air and upload if you guys want. I just dont have anywhere to host the file. If anyone provides me with the location I'll upload it.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hmm... And when you create this ipsw, please be EXTREMELY detailed about the options you chose while creating the firmware. Be specific about the details of your 3G as well.

Go to: http : // www . Yourfilelink . Com

They let you upload large files there.

Mattsworld

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Hmm... And when you create this ipsw, please be EXTREMELY detailed about the options you chose while creating the firmware. Be specific about the details of your 3G as well.

Go to: http : // www . Yourfilelink . Com

They let you upload large files there.

ok, I just went with the PwnageTool's simple mode to make the ipsw. I can make another in expert mode if you want me to select specific options for you. It's no problem, just let me know what you want me to select and I'll get it uploaded.

Mattsworld

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
ok I made a custom Ipsw and I'll detail all options I chose.

on General

Activate the phone is checked, both enable baseband update and disable partition wipe-out are not checked(nor are they able to be checked, they are greyed out.

On Bootneuter Settings

It's default settings checked are: Upgrade to 4.6 checked, unlock baseband checked, and auto delete bootneuter.app checked. Again, not able to change any settings in this.

In Cydia Settings, nothing changed and left default sources as is.

on Custom packages settings

Cydia Installer checked, I unchecked Icy installer

on Custom Logos Settings

I unchecked both of the custom logo's which change the boot log and recovery logo to keep it using apples.

I have both the simple Ipsw which keeps everything at default, and the one where I changed the logo's and took out Icy. If you would like a link, pm me with which one you want.