Google voice with a list

kingminus

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I have my google voice as my A list so far so good on this end. I been doing that though since the Tmo days on my blackberry when they use to be known as grandcentral.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Yup and yup. :) So far so good. The only ones unhappy about this turn of events are the students, cause I'll now call their parents right in the middle of class if necessary!

bayourock

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
i'm gonna try it for about a month....but as i look through my call history i don't see my google number on there at all.....

every call i have placed with google voice is listed on my call history as my own number....
i says incoming for type of call...then my 7 digit cell number as the from #... I am not sure what that means....ill keep an eye on it.....

Other than that....google voice is a pretty awesome invention....especially if im not getting charged mins for its use...

EDIT: After a little more research...i found that if i use the internet to make a call, it wont count as an A-List number....but if i call the google number and place a call through them it will....

it is a little confusing....i will still keep an eye on it though.

Last edited:

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Ok I have google voice now and I downloaded the app. So is it possible to make and receive calls not charged to minutes from AT&T? What is the A list?

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Never mind about the A list I dont qualify for that. So due to that I can't make or receive calls without them being charged to my minutes?

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm decision to make. Any other benefits to having it then? Why use it then? Might have to delete this one if there is no use.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Tremendous benefits for many people. I know sales warriors who use it so that they can answer the same number on the road, at the office, or at home without having to hand out multiple numbers saying "if there's no answer here, try this one, and if you still can't get me there...." You get the idea. I give my GV number to my students so I can control when they can contact me, yet GV's voice mail is more dependable than our office staff when parents call.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
There is no way to call into the google voice, correct. Like if I wanted to forward my work number into the google voice. I guess I'm trying to find a way to use the a list for incoming and outgoing calls.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You have it backwards. You don't forward your work number to GV, you answer your GV number at work. It, in essence, becomes your every number. The purpose of the jb GV Mobile app is so that you can use it for both incoming and outgoing, and your callers will dial your GV number no matter where you answer it, and when you call them, they'll see your GV number on their caller id, no matter what phone (number) you call them from.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
So this is where I made my mistake? I used my existing number I didn't get a new google number. So Alli the feature you've explained I guess I can't do?

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it will. I read they may let you port ur number in the future but not yet. I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me how to do it. All as I can do now is any phones I have if someone leaves a message on any of them they all go to one location which is google voice mail. But I can't use one number to actually receive or make calls. Do I make sense?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Yup. You're using GV opposite of the way most people are. Be worth the $10 to change the GV number if you can.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods