Can't get pwnage tool to create .ipsw- help???

kbd517#IM

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi All :)
I searched the forums and can't find the answer. I have a 16gb 3g jailbroken to 3.0, unlocked w/ ultrasn0w. I have downloaded pwnage tool 3.1 and know I need the pwnage tool created .ipsw to maintain unlockability. I know I've created an .ipsw before (it's been a while since I last did this!), but can't remember how to do it. When I try to jb, I get a red box saying firmware not found, giving me the option to browse for it. I found the 3.1 firmware and downloaded it (just for reference- not using it!) but I can't seem to create a custom .ipsw w/in pwnage tool. I'm having a brain cramp and feel like I'm missing something basic. How do I get pwnage tool 3.1 to create the custom .ipsw so I can preserve unlockability? Thanks :)

natesjacobs

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem please help!!! I get the feeling it's something retardedly simple because NOONE seems to explain how to do this in any of the forums. Thanks in advance for any help

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Um... The thing I don't understand is why would you use PwnageTool to maintain "unlockability", when you can upgrade officially through iTunes and jailbreak with blackra1n, then unlock with blacksn0w in less than 10 minutes total....

I mean the choice is yours, but why use a complicated method when you can stick with simplicity?

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Blacksn0w or just sn0w works with baseband 05.11.07 aka the baseband that comes with OS 3.1.
So you can updated as normal in iTunes, jailbreak with blackra1n and unlock with sn0w.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox