Carrier update requires OS 3.1

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

I did all that exactly, two times now, nothing changes for me at all, still stuck on 4.0, I'm using a pc and have a 3G.:confused:

Edit:

Working fine now, stupid computer wasn't selecting the carrier file..:eek:

Last edited:

PhiPhone

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
LVCIFER, do you happen to have the address for the sinful repo so I can add it to Cydia and apply your MMS solution? Thanks, much appreciated.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Just did what Redbeard said to do and it worked like a charm!! Very easy and now I have Carrier file 5.5 and MMS!! Welcome to 2003!!

To be more exact, when I was hitting "open" on the carrier file it wasn't showing in the file name box, and nothing was happening, I just had to select my desktop in the menu and the file and it worked.

iphone4idiots

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Arrgghh, so I used Firefox and got my carrier settings to 5.5, but its still not working?????

I'm jailbroken 3G with 3.0. Could the fact that I installed that SINFUL package file earlier today be messing me up??

kungfuey

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm on Mac OSX w/ iTunes 8.2 .. I downloaded the att.ipcc file and got to the point of option clicking the updates but it won't let me pick the .ipcc file.. it's grayed out.
Anyone else have this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

iphone4idiots

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm on Mac OSX w/ iTunes 8.2 .. I downloaded the att.ipcc file and got to the point of option clicking the updates but it won't let me pick the .ipcc file.. it's grayed out.
Anyone else have this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

You may need to use Firefox to download

kungfuey

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I used Firefox to download... it's on my desktop ATT_US.ipcc ... it's only 36kb .. is that the size of the file? but when I get into itunes, and option-click updates and the window comes up to pick a file.. i can see the ATT_US.ipcc .. but it's grayed out so I can't choose it. Anyone?

iphone4idiots

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I used Firefox to download... it's on my desktop ATT_US.ipcc ... it's only 36kb .. is that the size of the file? but when I get into itunes, and option-click updates and the window comes up to pick a file.. i can see the ATT_US.ipcc .. but it's grayed out so I can't choose it. Anyone?

That is the correct size. Just try and click on it anyway. I think maybe you have to go back up one level to the folder containing the file and select that.

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can get the carrier file for Vodafone (Australia) at all? I'm having MMS problems & want to ensure this file is updated, but don't want to update to 3.1 (currently on JB 3.0).

Thanks in advance!

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Futurecode, NOT quite following U all the way...I understand and have done first 4 steps. Downloaded link to desktop. (Running Windows Vista). unziped the file but can't find new A T T 5.5 carrier code :( . Also when U say shift + update not following that command. @ command prompt typing iTunes.exe opens iTunes. now I'm lost. Please help. Thanx, IGoSlo

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
if the file you downloaded was zipped then the browser you downloaded it with zipped it for you. Try downloading it a different way (ie: different browser).

The "Shift + update" it when in iTunes and you have you iPhone selected in in tunes, on the main frame with the picture of your iPhone and all it's information there is an update button, hold shift on your keyboard and that will let your select the ipcc file you just downloaded

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods