Not another MMS Thread!!!

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Ahhhh...I hate to do this but I cannot find the answer with all the different questions, iphone models, etc. Here goes, just need the quick answer and then close the thread...

I have a jailbroken 3GS running 3.0....will I be able to send/receive MMS today? DO I need to do anything (update carrier settings, etc?) or will it not work for me until I update to 3.1? Its not clear what people with jailbroken 3GS are doing to get MMS, if anything...

thanks...don't hate me.

iphone4idiots

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for such a basic question, but honestly I've spent 10 minutes trying to search for answer and there is so much out there its hard to filter down to what you are looking for. Anyway - look at my name it says it all

ATT MMS for iPhone is only for 3GS correct?

My 3G running 3.0 can't do it right?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
And in order to get it working on your iPhone WITHOUT updating anything from iTunes it to add the SINFUL repo to Cydia.

Then download and install the "MMS & Tethering Settings" package, follow directions, and voil?.

iphone4idiots

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
And in order to get it working on your iPhone WITHOUT updating anything from iTunes it to add the SINFUL repo to Cydia.

Then download and install the "MMS & Tethering Settings" package, follow directions, and voil?.

Thanks, this seems to have worked as I've got the ability to do it. I just tried to send two different texts with photos attached. Both didn't send and have red exclamation point next to them saying "Your message was not sent. Tap "Try Again" to send message."

Is this because it hasn't started working in Nashville yet or is it maybe because the people I'm trying to send to don't have MMS working on their iPhones yet?

Lastly, my wife has non-jailbroken 3G - what does she need to do to get it working? (She's still on 2.1 as she has major trust issues). If I upgrade her to 3.1 she's good to go right?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, she should be good to go. The jailbreak on a 3G should work just fine.

As far as your issues - after you installe the sinful package, did you go into Settings>General>Reset Network Settings????

Because it should work just fine as long as you followed everything. Email me at xxx.Lvcifer.xxx AT gmail DOT com and I'll give you my # if you want. My iPhone is enabled for MMS, so I can be your guinea pig if you want.

iphone4idiots

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I did that. I tried to send to my mom as well. She's on 3.0 but it didn't go either. However, she doesn't seem the little camera icon in her Messages so I think the problem is I'm sending to people that can't receive.

Thanks for the offer, but I have her upgrading to 3.1 and I think that will get it. I'll let you know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods