Jailbreakers be serious aren't you tired of waiting...

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm so tired of the waits for a JB after an update. Don't get me wrong I'm so in love with the Dev Team but gosh I wanna play with the new 3.1.1 when it hits Friday.

I've had about 3 vodka drinks tonight so i'm pretty weak right now. Plus I have shut down my lappy and new netbook and I'm posting this from my 3gs.

The only reason I JB is for 3g restrictor. Now that I have my netbook I really don't need to JB. So really nothing is holding me back from upgrading to 3.1. But man will I miss the freedom. I am so torn, what should I do. I made it so far I know they will release a JB soon after the 3.1.1 drops but how soon? I don't know if I can hang on.

Looking for peer support
x

i'm taste testing vodkas which is pretty cool. So I'm not like depressed and drinking over this issue. Rofl

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The only two things that continue to make me JB is to have my picture on homescreen as well as lockscreen and to be able to turn off networks. So if you can find things you can only do JBen then wait if you just want the ability then the choice is yours. I was just wondering yesterday now that I just JB when the next update was coming? Unless it deals with the battery issue I seem to have now I doubt I'll be in a rush to upgrade.

erauno

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
im happy with my jb 3g on 3.0.1 nothing is enticing me to upgrade to this 3.1
i already have mms, tethering and everything else i could need. something has to really be breakthrough (i.e. i must have it) for me to go any further

foug

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
no way, i would hate my phone if it wasn't jailbroken. SBSettings is amazing, and all the little things like 5 icon dock, 5 rows for apps, snapture, cycorder. I just bought some package that lets you reply to text messages from inside of app. sooo nice

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
My only concern is whether or not I'll be able to get MMS without updating to 3.1. The actual features that came out for 3.1 itself were pretty weak, but I want to be able to send pics.

And HELL YES I'm sick of waiting. I have a 3g, not 3gs, but I have a PC. I can't believe it's taking them this long to just come out with a Windows version. It usually only takes them a couple of days after the Mac version is figured out.

What really, really pisses me off is that I have an old Mac notebook that works and I'd be able to update to 3.1 and jailbreak, but my wife "cleaned" and lost the damn power cord, so I can't even turn the Mac on anymore. My Mac is now officially a paperweight.

/rant

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Obee1 you will be able to MMS fine with 3.0.1 from what I've read, there is a thread a few levels up that has the answer you seek. Now when you do the 3.1 JB doesn't it clean out your Iphone? so don't you have any friends with a Mac that you can have JB your phone? Is there anyway to buy a replacement power cord for your Mac? ebay? online?

The main thing about 3.1 that had me drooling was re-arranging the homescreen within iTunes and damn do I love it :D

Chaos_Fonez

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
LMAO! This guy is really into this iPhone JB stuff. He said he's torn and he sounds very depressed. I'm sorry but this is hilarious. Dood the world is not gonna end or nuttin. Its a phone calm down ahah

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
There's no need to be a prick about it.

Some people use their phones excessively for MANY reasons. I'm one such person. I refuse to upgrade beause if I "upgraded", it would be a major downgrade for me and the things my phone can do.

Some people actually use it for the functionality, not jar the pretty little Winterboard themes to make them LOOK pimped.

If this was someone you knew IRL, and try were torn between a decision that was apparently important to them, would you be this insensitive to them too?

I doubt it.

Chaos_Fonez

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
There's no need to be a prick about it.

Some people use their phones excessively for MANY reasons. I'm one such person. I refuse to upgrade beause if I "upgraded", it would be a major downgrade for me and the things my phone can do.

Some people actually use it for the functionality, not jar the pretty little Winterboard themes to make them LOOK pimped.

If this was someone you knew IRL, and try were torn between a decision that was apparently important to them, would you be this insensitive to them too?

I doubt it.

It's not that... it's just why u gotta b sooooo serious bout it. Come on now, I know people use these phones as a functionality reason and most even for their jobs or work, but jeeze this is going way too far LOL... nuff said

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Yeah, thanks...

I guess my point was. The jailbreak has been out for a while now. What is the problem? What are you tired of waiting for? It's here now, go and get it. Jailbreak and enjoy. We had to wait, what, a whole week after 3.1 came out before the jailbreak was released. That's not long at all.

And like others have said, 3.1 is no major breakthrough. I did enjoy the app moving ability withing iTunes, but I'm having more phone radio problems than ever before...problems switching from 3g to Edge and back and forth.

Sorry to add my 2cents. I was and I guess I'm still confused what the complaints about the waits were for.

Chaos_Fonez

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I guess my point was. The jailbreak has been out for a while now. What is the problem? What are you tired of waiting for? It's here now, go and get it. Jailbreak and enjoy. We had to wait, what, a whole week after 3.1 came out before the jailbreak was released. That's not long at all.

And like others have said, 3.1 is no major breakthrough. I did enjoy the app moving ability withing iTunes, but I'm having more phone radio problems than ever before...problems switching from 3g to Edge and back and forth.

Sorry to add my 2cents. I was and I guess I'm still confused what the complaints about the waits were for.

He's concerned about the jailbreak for the 3G S not the iPhone 3G. There is no jailbreak for the iPhone 3G S yet for the firmware 3.1.

boostd

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
Well if there is a 3.1 jailbreak out there for windows could someone point me in the right direction. From what I have found is only for mac although I have heard people jb on windows.

badphoneguy

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
im a newbie, been reading about jailbreak...i dont really understand the entire benefit vs. risk of doing it. just from not ever having done it i can say be patient, but if its as good as i read....man...i just dont know. lol

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
My only concern is whether or not I'll be able to get MMS without updating to 3.1. The actual features that came out for 3.1 itself were pretty weak, but I want to be able to send pics.

And HELL YES I'm sick of waiting. I have a 3g, not 3gs, but I have a PC. I can't believe it's taking them this long to just come out with a Windows version. It usually only takes them a couple of days after the Mac version is figured out.

What really, really pisses me off is that I have an old Mac notebook that works and I'd be able to update to 3.1 and jailbreak, but my wife "cleaned" and lost the damn power cord, so I can't even turn the Mac on anymore. My Mac is now officially a paperweight.

/rant

I think on their priorities that they listed the second priority was to come up with a jailbreak for 3GS models. A windows software was about third or fourth on the list.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
He's concerned about the jailbreak for the 3G S not the iPhone 3G. There is no jailbreak for the iPhone 3G S yet for the firmware 3.1.

Ah, as I look back at his first post he does say he was typing on a 3GS. I guess his post and title weren't entirely clear. Sorry.

Obviously the dev team have nothing to gain by delaying the jailbreak, I'm sure they are working on it as hard as possible. It is a cat and mouse game...and with the 3GS Apple has upped the game and it is much more difficult to jailbreak.

And like I've said...there is nothing in 3.1 to get all upset about. I went from 3.0 to 3.1 and so far my phone is more buggy. I'd go back to 3.0 but I'm too lazy to spend the afternoon re-doing my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal