iPhone wont boot up - didnt install 3.1 but cant restore to 3.0 - help please.

givemema

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
hello.
I installed some updates from cydia, then it told me to reboot my device.
I press the reboot button, and now my iphone wont boot up, it shows the apple logo for something like 10 seconds, then crashes.
I wanted to restore to 3.0 to fix that problem, but apple blocked that, so now im stuck.
I dont want to upgrade to 3.1 because I need ultrasn0w for use my iphone since its not a sim-free one, but I cant restore to 3.0
is there any solution? I didnt save my ECID files on cydia.
I DIDNT UPGRADE TO 3.1!
please help me ASAP.
thanks.
*The iPhone is a 3GS iPhone.*

hghflyrjd1

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
If U Connect To Itunes And It Recognizes The Iphone Still Just Download The 3.0 Software Then Hit Shift And Restore Together It Will Tell U To Pick What Software U Want To Use For The Restore

givemema

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
I tried that, Apple blocked that, they wont let me restore to 3.0 again, they want me to restore to 3.1 - and I dont want to do that.
Any ideas? NOTE THAT I DIDNT UPGRADE TO 3.1!

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I tried that, Apple blocked that, they wont let me restore to 3.0 again, they want me to restore to 3.1 - and I dont want to do that.
Any ideas? NOTE THAT I DIDNT UPGRADE TO 3.1!

Sorry to be the barer of bad news but you have lost the unlock for your 3GS until the devteam makes a new one (if its even possible). There is no way to downgrade ATM if you do not have your ECID on file.

Thank apple.

givemema

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to be the barer of bad news but you have lost the unlock for your 3GS until the devteam makes a new one (if its even possible). There is no way to downgrade ATM if you do not have your ECID on file.

Thank apple.

Are you sure about that? note that I didnt upgrade to 3.1.
there is nothing I can do?
DAMN APPLE.

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Are you sure about that? note that I didnt upgrade to 3.1.
there is nothing I can do?
DAMN APPLE.

Yeah, apple blocked any firmware but apple signed 3.1 firmware for 3GS. Saurik found a workaround, but again it requires you already have your ECID on file..

Meaning, if something goes wrong such as in your case and you need to restore, you are screwed.

givemema

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, apple blocked any firmware but apple signed 3.1 firmware for 3GS. Saurik found a workaround, but again it requires you already have your ECID on file..

Meaning, if something goes wrong such as in your case and you need to restore, you are screwed.

I know that im screwed for now, but I asked about news, do you know about planes? am I stuck for ever? whould it be possible to restore it in the future?
thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2