SSHing NES ROMs problem

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Love the site, I?ve gotten a lot of great jb info here but couldn?t find an answer to my question. I?ve got an iphone 3g running 3.0 firmware jailbroke with redsn0w. I?ve download the 3.0 NES emulator, and found several ROMs I wanted to added. I found a tutorial for SSHing these onto the phone using WinSCP and did that. I placed the ROMs in: private/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES

I noticed the tutorial didn?t mention anything about ?private/? as being part of the extension, but that was the only place I could find ?var/?. The problem is when I launch the emulator the games do not appear. I?ve changed the privacy setting of the ROMs per the tutorial and tried restarting the phone, but no luck.

I?m not very familiar with SSHing so I?m hesitant to just start moving things around. Can anyone give me some advice on what to try next? Thanks!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't give you any help on this but there's an easier way to move files etc than SSH. If you're on Mac look for Iphone Explorer, Windows I beleive it's called DiskAid if you search the forums it's mentioned in a couple of threads. These let you browse the Iphone like in Windows Explorer while connected to the USB connector. It's so much easier than using SSH.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I can't give you any help on this but there's an easier way to move files etc than SSH. If you're on Mac look for Iphone Explorer, Windows I beleive it's called DiskAid if you search the forums it's mentioned in a couple of threads. These let you browse the Iphone like in Windows Explorer while connected to the USB connector. It's so much easier than using SSH.

Thanks for the advise! I'll have to check out DiskAid.

I think maybe the problem is the files themselves. I checked for them on the phone using ifile and I found the ROMs & NES folders under Media, but no .nes files.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Well I tried deleting all the .nes files in WinSCP and then reinstalling them on the phone. So I can now see the .nes files in the correct folder when I open ifile on my phone, but when I launch the emulator it is not finding them (displays zero games available). Thoughts anyone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73