My MMS Works

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I have already treid this along with some others and mine still does not work. There is already a thread started in here that shows what the problems people are having. It looks like it depends what AT&T firmware you have if it works.. Wish I could get this to work!!

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
@texagso8
where do I download that at? Should I uninstall the sinfuliphone software or does it work together? Thank you!!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
download the v5.0 att_us.ipcc and install, this will enable MMS...

Not necessarily. Some folks, like myself tried every single variant of the 5.0, 5.1, 4.x carrier files with a billion different settings under cellular network data and it still does not work.

It is completely dependent upon what messaging plan you have. If you have family messaging unlimited and some of the phones on your plan are not iPhones, it may work. But, in my case, I have 5 lines, 3 are not iPhones, and it still did not work, even though we have the Family Messaging unlimited.

It's not worth my time anymore to mess around with it. I'll just wait until the 25th.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Not necessarily. Some folks, like myself tried every single variant of the 5.0, 5.1, 4.x carrier files with a billion different settings under cellular network data and it still does not work.

It is completely dependent upon what messaging plan you have. If you have family messaging unlimited and some of the phones on your plan are not iPhones, it may work. But, in my case, I have 5 lines, 3 are not iPhones, and it still did not work, even though we have the Family Messaging unlimited.

It's not worth my time anymore to mess around with it. I'll just wait until the 25th.

Yes. I have 5.0 IPCC installed and my MMS does not work.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Yes. I have 5.0 IPCC installed and my MMS does not work.

I had a 5.1 hybrid from a while ago that never worked, I'm actually in the process of restoring my phone right now. (I wanted it off in case it caused issues on the 25th when the actual one came out - even though I upgraded to 3.1, it still left the 5.1 ipcc so I had to go through the pain of a flippin full restore and resync)

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I had a 5.1 hybrid from a while ago that never worked, I'm actually in the process of restoring my phone right now. (I wanted it off in case it caused issues on the 25th when the actual one came out - even though I upgraded to 3.1, it still left the 5.1 ipcc so I had to go through the pain of a flippin full restore and resync)

I'm gonna leave it on and hopefully it will not cause problems with carrier update on the 25th .

htrdlnc#CB

Aug 29, 2008
Visit site
I have 4.0 and the hack from sinfuliphone. MMS still doesn't work. But if I put my friend's sim card from his Blackberry in my iphone it works, and if I put my iphone sim in his blackberry it doesn't do MMS.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Okay so I gave up on the sinfuliphone hack for mms and tethering. I uninstalled it everything went away except fro the internet tethering toggle. I reinstalled everything and uninstalled the mms&Tethering software first then deleted sinfuliphone out of sources. The tether toggle is still there. Any ideas what to do to get that out of there? If I go under settings and reset and hit reset all settings, do you think that will work or will resetting all settings mess up my jailbreak?

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Just as a note... I have 3.1, 5.0 ipcc, and family unlimited messaging... So with that combination, i dont see why it wouldnt work, unless it is dependent on the area you are in....

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Just as a note... I have 3.1, 5.0 ipcc, and family unlimited messaging... So with that combination, i dont see why it wouldnt work, unless it is dependent on the area you are in....

Not guaranteed. I have that came combo, outside of Chicago, does not work..

I can't get rid of the damn 5.0 file.