Jailbreak iPhone 3G S 3.0.1 Help

Chaos_Fonez

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3G S running the 3.0.1 firmware version.
I want to jailbreak my fone but not sure how to do it and what program to get.
Ohh and i'm going to be using windows vista

HELP!!!???!!!

Last edited:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
My thoughts are if you are nervous or uncomfortable with the process, don't do it. If something goes wrong, then you're going to have problems. I don't recommend jailbreaking or altering devices to anyone who doesn't feel comfortable doing it.

Exactly what Tramain posted is exactly what you need to do, but if you do not feel comfortable with it, I definitely would not.

The process is not necessarily hard, do a Google search, you may find better tutorials or even videos on youtube that will walk you completely through the process.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i agree, this is the right process. Tramain helped me get my 3GS jailbroken and i'm glad i did. but i come from a background of BB hacking and lots of computer experience. so like iMuggle said, if you're not comfortable, don't do it.

however, if you still want to do it...download both linked files that Tramain sent you. save them (don't open them) to your desktop so they're easy to find. then once they are downloaded, unzip redsn0w. inside the unzipped folder, you'll find a file called "redsn0w". open this file and it will start the process of JB. then once it asks you to locate the IPSW file, click "Browse". now find your IPSW file you downloaded from Tramain (hopefully on your desktop). after your PC verifies this file, you can start the JB process. i started with my phone both on and connected to the USB. follow all instructions on your PC from here forward. after it's finished, you'll be free!

Chaos_Fonez

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
i agree, this is the right process. Tramain helped me get my 3GS jailbroken and i'm glad i did. but i come from a background of BB hacking and lots of computer experience. so like iMuggle said, if you're not comfortable, don't do it.

however, if you still want to do it...download both linked files that Tramain sent you. save them (don't open them) to your desktop so they're easy to find. then once they are downloaded, unzip redsn0w. inside the unzipped folder, you'll find a file called "redsn0w". open this file and it will start the process of JB. then once it asks you to locate the IPSW file, click "Browse". now find your IPSW file you downloaded from Tramain (hopefully on your desktop). after your PC verifies this file, you can start the JB process. i started with my phone both on and connected to the USB. follow all instructions on your PC from here forward. after it's finished, you'll be free!

Well it's not that I'm uncomfortable with doing it... it's just i don't know how LOL. But what you said xplained it a little bit better.

I'm gonna give it another shot. Thanxx

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Success!!! Now I dunno how to use Cydia LOL
Tryna personalize my background and my dock

Open Cydia from your iPhone after the jailbreak. Make sure you get WinterBoard right off the bat. You can now browse Cydia for themes, wallpapers, and other cool stuff. After you download a preferred theme you will then need to open WinterBoard and check off the items you want to see.

I would suggest you download a desktop program that allows you to see within your iPhone when you feel eager to look inside. I use iFunBox. You can look into others like iPhoneBrowser and DiskAid. You can then fiind the themes you downloaded and save them to your desktop for future editing and know how.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2