can my jailbroken phone do...

NotCrazy

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey all, Had my iPhone 3Gs for just over a month now and couldn't resist jailbreaking it any longer. It's been great so far and i've found a buttload of useful stuff.

so rather than ask what i should add i thought i would ask if there are any apps that do the kinds of things i want... hope that's cool.

so are there any apps that can impliment...
- individual row sliding in springboard
- random background change at set intervals [like leopard can do]
- flash support in safari [or any browser]
- use of iPod playlist as a source for ringtones [this one always seemed painfully obvious to me and i wonder why it's not already part of the iphone]
- track a stolen or lost iphone like in mobile.me [but not $99] i swear i read this somewhere but can't find it.
- empty icon spaces anywhere not just at the bottom right
- the ability to organize icons in a non grid fashion
- the ability to have the springboard scrolling to stop at any point not just the set page intervals.
- a better photo organisation system [IE ability to add new folders and move photos to them]
- assign a background in winterboard without also assigning it to lock screen

this one is probably way over the top and just me being a bit stupid but...
physics based icons on springboard. as in they react to direction and movement of iphone and bounce off of each other. much like in the menu screen of the game "jelly car" [free from app store]
i imagine this would be a massive battery and memory drain, not to mention annoying after about 5 minutes, but i would love to see it in action.

And since i am here is there a good way to know if i have overloaded my phone with too much crap? [besides an obvious reduction in performance] I'm trying not to overdo it but there is so much good stuff to add now that i have jailbroken :)

lastly i installed dTunes and it seems to have also installed an app that looks and acts like terminal... is that normal?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Jedi

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
- individual row sliding in springboard *NO

- random background change at set intervals [like leopard can do] *YES - SOME THEMES DO THIS

- flash support in safari [or any browser] *NO

- use of iPod playlist as a source for ringtones [this one always seemed painfully obvious to me and i wonder why it's not already part of the iphone] *NO

- track a stolen or lost iphone like in mobile.me [but not $99] i swear i read this somewhere but can't find it. *YES - CYLAY

- empty icon spaces anywhere not just at the bottom right *YES

- the ability to organize icons in a non grid fashion *YES - LOOK AT SOME OF THE INAV THEMES

- the ability to have the springboard scrolling to stop at any point not just the set page intervals. *NO

- a better photo organisation system [IE ability to add new folders and move photos to them] *YES - YOU CAN HAVE TWO CAMERA ROLLS

- assign a background in winterboard without also assigning it to lock screen *NO

this one is probably way over the top and just me being a bit stupid but...
physics based icons on springboard. as in they react to direction and movement of iphone and bounce off of each other. much like in the menu screen of the game "jelly car" [free from app store] *NO.

And since i am here is there a good way to know if i have overloaded my phone with too much crap? [besides an obvious reduction in performance] I'm trying not to overdo it but there is so much good stuff to add now that i have jailbroken :) *YES, CYDIA TELLS YOU HOW MUCH MEMORY YOU'VE USED

lastly i installed dTunes and it seems to have also installed an app that looks and acts like terminal... is that normal? *PASS, NOT USED IT.

Hope this helps :)

NotCrazy

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Cool thanks for the answers!

just a few follow ups if you don't mind.

"- empty icon spaces anywhere not just at the bottom right *YES" - How?

does Inav rely on categories to work? I'm not a big fan of that app due to load times.

"YOU CAN HAVE TWO CAMERA ROLLS" - how?

thanks again!

Bombsquad6116

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Terminal is automatically installed when you install dTunes because if you use torrents through dtunes you need terminal. But dont use it unless you know what your doing.

NotCrazy

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
ah ok as long as it's not something malicious.
I would never touch terminal, I'm not THAt technical, i'm more on the "knows enough to be dangerous" level

NotCrazy

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
while i'm at it.
is there a way to somehow set up a folder on my computer [macbook pro] that automatically syncs with a folder on my iPhone either by usb or wifi?

Jedi

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
Cool thanks for the answers!

just a few follow ups if you don't mind.

"- empty icon spaces anywhere not just at the bottom right *YES" - How?

does Inav rely on categories to work? I'm not a big fan of that app due to load times.

"YOU CAN HAVE TWO CAMERA ROLLS" - how?

thanks again!

Use iBlank for empty icon spaces, lets you create any amount of blank transparent icons that can be positioned anywhere.

Use SwapCameraRoll to set up a second camera roll.

And yes iNav uses categories and is a right PITA to make work, but the results can be fantastic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2