So why isn't SBsettings a legit app?

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
SBSettings isn't a legit app because it uses some system files, which Apple finds as a no-no. Mainly, the whole slide your finger across the status bar, do as you please from any app idea (which is a GREAT idea!) is frowned upon by Karl Marx and his Apple Regime.

Same thing for qTweeter.

Reactions: Larzo#IM

Fizzles

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
Apple could make more money that way.

I mean, Apple could accept apps such as these only if they would get the right to take more % of the income from that app.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't see why Apple didn't just build something like that in the phone os in the first place.

They should have taken some lessons from what apps were being developed and what people were buying for like Windows Mobile and other smartphone OS. There are some great features...all most some basic features they just didn't include to be contrary. Makes no dang sense.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure Apple loves the Jailbreak community for it's contributions. Ones Apple will likely incorporate into future versions of the OS. But they will do it the Apple way. Which is good at times and painful in others e.g., iDisk app.

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I know Apple is using the Jailbreak community for ideas. I've read from a couple of resources that there were over 190 Dev-Team downloads from Apple Corporate Offices over the last year or so, which tells me they're watching. I mean Clippy, which is a copy/paste tool on the JB scene looks a LOT like what we have now in 3.0. Not to mention the video, which has been with the JB scene since the 2G.

Apple isn't retarded. They watch. It's like free development 'cause they can grab it, re-engineer it into their own, and most developers won't say anything because of all the heat the JB scene has.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner