3GS JB with 3.0.1 & purplera1n. HELP!

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
downloaded purplera1n from GeoHot's site. first updated iPhone to 3.0.1. now ran purplera1n. got GeoHot's image on iPhone (3GS) but won't exit out of safemode. tried launching iTunes (of whice i have version 8.2.1.6). tried to reboot PC (with Vista) and disconnected iPhone, relaunched iTunes.

iTunes now won't recognize iPhone. want to do a restore and go back to pre-JB. what am i missing? i have a brick on my hands with GeoHot staring at me

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
purplera1n does not work on 3.0.1, Geohot has twittered that he does not know why and also twittered the next app from him will be a month or so from now. Stick with redsn0w ;)

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
well...after attempting a restore, iTunes gave me an error message. the partial restore removed GeoHot's pic from my iPhone. now attempting to reboot PC, restart iTunes and do Restore & Update in iTunes.

PS-do i install redsn0w as a torrent from dev-team website? or is there another easier download option?

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
thanks tramain. i got the torrent file. just don't know what to do with it. and i have Limewire installed on my PC. never had any experience with torrents. never messed with BitTorrent or PirateBay, so my experience level is minimal at best.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
thanks tramain. i got the torrent file. just don't know what to do with it. and i have Limewire installed on my PC. never had any experience with torrents. never messed with BitTorrent or PirateBay, so my experience level is minimal at best.

I'll find a you regular file thats not a torrent do you have a MAC or PC?

Last edited:

geeanywhere

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
i tried to download it but redsn0w wouldn't apply...
! C:\Documents and Settings\G\Desktop\redsn0w-win_0.8.zip: Unexpected end of archive

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro