Stuck in Emergency call mode..help

lowell3

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
Help upgraded iphone to firmware 3.0 and now my power button is not working so i cant downgrade or put in dfu mode. When I try to downgrade I keep getting error 20. However my iphone is now stuck in emergency call mode and thats the only screen it is able to access.The funny thing is that the iphone is still able to receive calls and at this point thats the only function it does as the screen never moves off the emergency call screen. Anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ok, what you need to do is download sbsettings. Install it.

Slide the status bar, tap "Power", then tap "Power Off" or "Reboot". Go into DFU mode, and do a restore.

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Probably just need to find a program that let's you restart your iPhone, and from there you can throw into DFU mode.

If that doesn't work, sounds like you'll probably have to start fresh with a clean 3.0 install.

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Have you held the power and home button together until the connnect as new phone icn appears? It takes like 30 seconds holding the two buttons for this to work. I would set up the phone as new. You can then sync all your apps, music, movies, etc. This takes time, but it's a wise move.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Ok, what you need to do is download sbsettings. Install it.

Slide the status bar, tap "Power", then tap "Power Off" or "Reboot". Go into DFU mode, and do a restore.

And then set it up as a new phone. It wouldn't be wise to select a backup to restore, and then find yourself at square one again.

lowell3

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the information but i am still stuck let me see if i can give more details.
1. the iphone was upraded to 3.0 firmware and the power button stop working and now also the iphone is stuck in emergency call mode only, i cannot access sbsettings or us the power button.

2. I can only get in recovery mode and it is not allowing me to downgrade i can only reinstall firmware 3.0 and i have done that about 4 times which still leads to the same outcome

3. although it is stuck in emergency call mode it is still receivng calls but thats about all it is doing.

What is weird is that once i disconnect from my laptop the screen keeps blinking off and on just displaying the apple logo basically until the battery dies.

Hope this helps

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it's time to take it to the Apple Store or your local At&T store? A similar thing happened with my original iPhone 3GS and they told me at the Apple Store that it was defective since they couldn't even get it to reinstall the OS.

Are you sure you're installing the correct OS? I mean a valid copy?

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Restore completely to 3.0 firmware (non-jb) and then talk to Apple. ATT won't do anything usually. You're power button may just be defective or something.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods