HOW TO Jailbreak JB iPhone 3G S (3gs)

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Unless I missed it, I did not find a good guide that explained what I needed to do to jail break the iphone 3gs. After doing so, I found this link. It great for the first timers and it helps you retreive the ECID number that you will want to save.

Hack that Phone - Preparing the iPhone 3G S for jailbreaking/unlocking (easy method)

I hope this helps someone. If so, let us know. There are other guides on there as well for unlock, and jb.

Thanks,
Steven G

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, the easy method is to just run purplera1n... all you do is run it and it does everything for you. No putting your iPhone in DFU, no nothing... just launch and let it run.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
It's Raining - Now What

It's raining and everything is good. I've activated OpenSSH used FTP to access the phone, went to the file where the apps are stored and updated a .ipa file (as the computer I was using did not have my .app files). Now, I do not see either of the files on my phone but they are showing in the FTP client.

What went on. Is there some other program I need to install so that they will be recognized? I've restarted the phone and still nothing.

Thanks in advance.

MODS: There should be a JB guide in the How To section for the 3GS. For those of us that are new to the scene, it is difficult to know what the best approach is that we should take to JB without asking a bunch of questions.

Stu274

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I disagree, thats fine if the current options work for you but are they still working on better versions? Ive tried both purplerain & redsnow but redsnow doesnt do the reboot after pushing the home & power buttons etc & with purplerain it sits waiting for reboot & does nothing.
I have a brand new 3gs with 3.0

P.s correct me if Im wrong but the above link is for MACs only? Thats not alot of good either sorry.

yep, make it ra1n and all your issues will be solved

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2