Safe mode more frequent?

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
In the past ten minutes I have been in safe mode 3 times. It is easily fixed with a re-spring, but I hate having to re-arrange the icons (5 column) and it take time. Any one else noticing this?

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I've certainly noticed more crashes since I've jailbroken, seems like Springboard crashes every few days or so. Often when I plug it into the charger.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Weather Icon will only crash 3G 3.0 during charging.

Which sucks, because people like me use the InCase PowerSlider which CONSTANTLY charges the iPhone on the go. I crash every two hours or so and have to restart Springboard.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I unistalled 5 colums and no crashes yet. And I have experienced all of those said crashes. I think i'm going to get rid of weather icon. I do not exactly need it

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
How? I think Weather icon is causing mine.

well I turned on a whole bunch of status bar things, ie. weather, date,free memory and it crashed it. Also I had an ipod and a sleep timer going and that crashed it, seems like whenever you try to do more than one thing it crashes it. I just started cleaning up most of the cydia stuff I have, its all useless

only1jonarius

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
definitely when you do more than 1 thing it crashes. most of the time when it's on the charger. but I resored Nd erything is wrkN fine since I haven't installS all the unnecessary JB apps. Still have weather icon since it got a NEWER update 2day....I have Winterboard jus wrkn on the Springboard to help with app compatibility...

djwindsor

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I have had the same problem and I traced it to the weather badge tweak and some other weather icon that appeared top right on the screen. Every time I would charge the phone it would go into safe mode within ten minutes (but varied with time). Sometimes it would not, but I'd say 80% of the time it would go into safe mode. I deleted two of the weather related packages though Cydia and it solved the problem. If I want to know the temp I'll press the button. I don't have time for resets.