Tricker ThreeG with 3GS? Can't Open App Store/SlPlyr

JustinK2

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone help me here? I just finished the jailbreak on my 3GS, installed Tricker ThreeG, and now neither the Slingplayer nor the App Store will open. They start to open, and then immediately shut down. Any suggestions? When I uninstall Tricker ThreeG, then work again. Thoughts???

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Tricker apparently doesn't work on either 3.0, or on the 3GS... not sure which one, because I have only 1 iPhone, so I can't test both scenarios.

JustinK2

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Tricker apparently doesn't work on either 3.0, or on the 3GS... not sure which one, because I have only 1 iPhone, so I can't test both scenarios.

Thanks Matt, I must assume it doesn't on 3GS then. Do you know if there are any other ways of getting Slingplayer Mobile to run on 3g network with the 3GS?

JustinK2

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
This might be a stupid question, but I am fairly new to this too. I read somewhere that the Tricker ThreeG problems had something to do with the MobileSubstrate. I just read that Saurik re-did Mobile Substrate. Anyone know if this has helped with the compatibility of Tricker?

JustinK2

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
So I was told that Tricker ThreeG has been pulled from Cydia. Some speculation suggests that it may have been pulled to update the compatibility with 3GS, others that it was pulled after accusations arose that the developer of Tricker was actually using the VoipOver3 app and soliciting donations for it. Anyone here have any insight?