New Jailbreaker - AT&T - Windows - Jailbreak only, no unlock

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey, here's my deal.

I don't want to unlock my iPhone. I am okwith AT&T service. But like many previous posters have said, I want to only jailbreak my device so that I can use third party application from Cydia and Icy.

I have already upgraded to 3.0.

I'm running a Windows Vista OS.

Now, for my question -

Can someone please treat me like an idiot, or a child, and explain to me

STEP BY STEP, IN DETAIL

how I would go about jailbreaking 3.0?

When I say "in detail", I mean like, say stuff like "click this button after this step, click that button after this step, wait 30 seconds for this step", so on and so forth.

Basically, treat me like I have a learning impairment, because I want the most detailed walkthrough created for this process.

And trust me, I'm not the only one. There are SO ma y people I have spoken to who really WANT to jailbreak, but the process scares the crap out of them. I'm also one of those people.

So to the person who will post this details, step-by-step walkthrough (hell, feel free to include screen shots too, we love them!), you would literally be a hero to many of us potential jailbreakers.

Feel free to post a troubleshooting section too, so that when things go wrong, we don't go running around crying about our iBrick. :)

Seriously, I'm begging someone to do this.....

HHI944

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Dev-Teams software breaks things down barney style so ANYONE can accomplish this task. Just download the appropriate software from the Dev Team blog and follow the instructions it pops up on the screen.

mwg3c

Dec 16, 2008
Visit site
Is TiPB going to make a step-by-step "How to Jailbreak 3.0" blog post like they've done in the past with previous firmwares?

greenchipper

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
step by step

Got this off iclarified.com - it worked for me

[Guide] RedSn0w Jailbreak For 3.0 Firmware
Seen a few people still asking how to jailbreak their iPod/Phone with redsn0w still. So decided to post a guide.

This guide is for both WINDOWS and MAC.

Note: This guide is written from a windows user, Yet it should be straight forward to do if your a mac user.

Before I start this jailbreak will only jailbreak the following devices:

iPod Touch 1st Generation
iPod Touch 2nd Generation

iPhone (also unlocks this device.)
iPhone 3G

NOTE: IT WILL NOT JAILBREAK THE IPHONE 3GS!!!

Okay lets get started on the guide.

Step 1:
Restore/Upgrade your device to 3.0 Via iTunes. This should start a download then the restore process.

Step 2:
While the 3.0 firmware is downloading. Download RedSn0w from one of the following links:

Mac - Here
Windows - Here

Once downloaded create a new folder on your desktop and extract the .zip file into it.

Step 3:
Once your 3.0 firmware is downloaded and installed on your device. Locate on your computer:

For iPhone -
C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

For iPod -
C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

Note: If you do not see AppData go to folder options and tick 'Show Hidden Files/folder'

Once in that folder you will see your 3.0 Firmware, It will have a name similar to iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw or iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw

Copy that file into the RedSn0w folder you created on your desktop (to make it easier to locate, you can delete it after you've jailbroken your device)

Step 4:
Plug your device into your computer and turn it off. (Do not plug in through a usb hub, plug directly into a back port if possible).

Step 5:
Launch redsn0w.exe (or the mac version if your a mac user)
You will get a screen where you are asked to locate your .ipsw file. Click browse and navigate to the file you copied earlier on.

Step 6:
Read over the next steps until you get to the one where it checks to make sure you are plugged in and turned off.
Get prepared to boot your device into DFU mode when clicking next.

Click next when ready and follow the steps to boot into DFU mode.

Once booted into DFU the jailbreak will start being loaded onto your device. Once the jailbreak process has been completed, Your device will be successfully jailbroken.

reesrk8

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi
I think i understand how to jailbreak my 3g, but i'm wondering do I have to do a restore with 3.0 as the first step as it has already been restored updated and restored with 3.0

thanks
Rog

bluesteelz

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
vwallpaper

i dont like this 3.0 very much at but its too late now,main problem for me is that my favorite two apps are not working right...one v wallpaper...and ... two..mobilefinder. witch is what i use to copy new videos from mix tube. and then i install them into vwallpaper as my ring tones... can some tell me what i can do to fix this or if theres a patch for these apps thanks...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner