Is there a need to Jailbreak with the 3.0 Firmward around the corner?

middle8media

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
With the new 3.0 firmware coming out, I don't really have a need to jailbreak. Unless the video functions and screenshots that are leaked are for the new gen iPhone to come. I hope not. Obviously the 3G can record video, Apple just needs to allow it.

mikenyc2

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
middle8media

Personally I think, HELL YEAH there is a need to jailbreak after 3.0. And here's why:
1) Unlock iPhone to use in other carriers. If u ever travel overseas and want to use a local SIM, u can't unless u unlock. Ever see at&t International calling rates??

2) Themes

3) Recently at&t and Apple have been in cahoots on limiting 3G functionality. Apple has been forcing developers to limit some apps to ONLY wifi. ie, Skype, Slingplayer. I am sure there will be others in the future (HULU?). When u jailbreak, u can fool the apps to THINK they are using wifi when they are really using 3G.

4) better interface. I like Categories where I can put my apps into folders by type. A NEWS folder for my news apps. A GAMES folder for all my games.

5) Tethering - Will it happen under 3.0? Will it be free like it is under jailbroke iPhones?

Just a few reasons to still jailbreak.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh