T-Mobile Voicemail Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

monocongo

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
I have an original iPhone (2G) which I have unlocked and jailbroken and use with T-Mobile. Recently I have started to have strange behavior in terms of how the voicemail works. Before things worked as expected in that when I received a voicemail the little red dot indicator showed up on the voicemail icon. Now when I get a voicemail the red dot indicator does not show up and I instead get a blank text message. Can anyone suggest what is going on and/or a way for me to fix this?

I am using version 2.2 of the firmware. When I connect to iTunes it shows that a new version is available (2.2.1). Should I allow iTunes to update it for me in the hope that this will fix my problem, or will this undo the unlock/jailbreak?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help!

--James

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Be careful if you upgrade to 2.2.1. You will need to find a custom firmware if you do not jailbreak using Pwnage tool.

Not sure what behavior is normal for voicemail on T-Mobile, but I do know that the AT&T Visual Voicemail uses a combo text and voice message. Not sure if this is affecting the behavior on your phone.

You might want to try resetting your phone.

treouserinla2

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
T-Mobile Voicemail Now Has Problem With All iPhones

This is not a problem with your phone. This is a problem with T-Mobile. They just recently changed the way their voicemail alerts function.

Here's the best discussion I've found about the issue:

[Okay, I can't post links because I'm apparently too new to this blog. But, here's the link that you'll have to replace the DOTs with "."]

Blank Text messages - Tmobile USA ??? What gives - Page 6 - Hackint0sh

Maybe we can start thread about this issue on The iPhone Blog?

-----------------------------------
Edit by jamesus - activated hyperlink

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jamesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member