Unlock Jailbroken iphone 2G v2.2 - use yellowsn0w?

stephenrs

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I've jailbroken my 2G iphone using the pwnagetool (v2.2), and I'm at firmware 2.2 (been using it jailbroken for a while with no problems). Now I want to unlock the phone, and it seems like I should use Yellowsn0w, but all the docs and articles about Yellowsn0w say that it works with 3G phones and a modem firmware in the 2.x.x range, and I can't seem to find any info for iphone 2G's. My modem firmware is 04.05.04_G...

Can I still use Yellowsn0w to unlock my 2G phone, or is there something else I should use?....or am I just out of luck?

Thanks!

stephenrs

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
@BadAsh - Hmm, the only thing at that link that seems close to what I need is called "How to: Jailbreak/Unlock Your 1st Generation iPhone 2G 2.1.1 - Windows PC Edition" (I'm not allowed to post links), but I'm on a Mac (v10.5.6), and on FW2.2, so I don't think that will help me.

I've started googling around about Bootnueter though, so maybe I'll be able to figure it out from there, but I'd appreciate any other info you can pass along. Thanks for your help so far.

stephenrs

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I know there are issues with 2.2.1 and issues with 10.5.6 (DFU mode and whatnot), and since my phone is already jailbroken and i'm fine with 2.2 (don't need to go to 2.2.1 right now), I was hoping to just unlock it from its current state. I'd also like to avoid having to reinstall all the non-app store apps...

Is there a way to just install bootnueter to unlock the phone? All the obstacles with 2.2.1 and 10.5.6 have me a little worried...I'm really not in the mood for a brick right now, and I'd like to avoid messing with my macbook pro's kernel...

stephenrs

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I ended up taking a leap of faith (after backing up everything), and just installed Bootneuter v2.1 via Cydia. Although Bootneuter hangs then reboots the phone after detecting current settings (which is apparently a known issue/conflict with commcenter, as discussed on hackint0sh dot org), it is reporting that my phone is neutered and unlocked - so I guess I'll believe it for now. I'm about to travel outside the US, and if I find out that it's not actually unlocked, I guess I'll jump though the hoops to re-jailbreak/unlock to 2.2.1...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73