Attempt to jailbreak failed, need help because phone won't turn on!

Samantha

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so i read a bunch of tutorials about jailbreaking your iphone 3g and it seemed totally simple, even for me. i got to the so-called "tricky part" and it totally screwed me over. i failed to get into gp something mode and instead of being able to just try again, my iphone will not turn back on. i'm totally freaked.

any way i can fix this? even if it just means i have my original phone back. i don't necessarily need to jailbreak it.

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried plugging it back in to itunes and leaving it plug it for a few mins? The same thing happened to me, and I just left it plugged in for about 5 mins and it turned on said it was in recovery mode. Then I just restored it and started fresh.

Samantha

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
k. that worked. and i was able to get into that mode after, but now it won't let me recover using the custom restore i made... i was forced to use the recover from my backup and now i not only have an un-jailbroken iphone, but i lost all my apps and music =(

i am too new to mac and iphone to be jailbreaking my own phone ...:(

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Try and jailbreak it again. You can always get your apps and music back on there as long as you have it backed up in iTunes.

Samantha

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
2nd attempt = unsuccessful.

i got into the mode properly but itunes loaded and gave me an error msg and then i tried reconnecting and restarting itunes and option+clicked recover, used the custom restore and then another error message. no can do.

thanks for all your help, but i'm hopeless in jailbreaking my phone.

Last edited:

Samantha

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
you were helpful, you savedd me so i didnt think myphone was useless and got it to turn on again!! my just wasn't meant to be jailbroken i guess. but it sounds so easy!!! ahhhhg!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Depending on what version of Mac OS you are running, you will need an external USB hub to jailbreak.

york

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
Hello. i tried doing the same thing and my iphone wont turn back on and i also tried plugging it back into my mac and nothing. can anyone help?

humdahum19

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Help Me Please

I jailbroke my ipod but i could never seem to download apps. I wanted to restore it without the jailbreak. i accidentaly reset it from the ipod and not on the computer and after an hour i was getting nervous because it was still restoring: its still like that after 2 hours
i put it in dfu mode or whatever but nothing happens and it wont read when the ipod when i plug it in. What do i do? should i just the battery die and plug it in or what?
Please help...im desperate

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Samantha - what iPhone do you have? 2G (original), 3G (last years) or the 3G (newest)?

What operating system (also known as "OS" or "Firmware" is your iPhone running? 3.0, 3.1, or 3.1.2?

What type of Mac do you have? What Mac OS do you have?

What cellular carrier do you have?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LVCIFER Samantha wont answer this is an old thread that someone brought back. The original post was in March or April.

humdahum19 is the one looking for help now.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
See kids, now that's why it pays to pay attention to the dates and times posted next to the posts...

Lesson learned. :)

Fool me once, shame on me.... *chuckle*

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL it's OK I was also preparing to respond until I was like let me check the date on this and noticed it was 03/04/.... :p

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
i also plug itune but it say 3 hours remaining for software udating..... bt not start yet...

I promise the problem you're having now isn't related to the one they had in 2009.

Can you share a FEW more details about your situation? Which phone do you have. Which iOS are you operating from? When you plug into iTunes and update, it downloads the latest iOS. How quick is your internet connection as this will impact how long the process takes?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR