How to use my PC's internet with the iphone?

toothy

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi - new to this forum - so hello all.

I am wondering is there anyway you can use your Pc's internet and use it on the iphone via USB? I am hooked to the interntet via cable on my PC and want to utilise its internet for my iphone (that way its free!).

Any help would be great

Cheers

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I am not aware of any USB solution. The only way is to get a wireless router and still keep your PC on cable but iPhone on Wifi.

toothy

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi - yeah, i thought I heard of something - but I might be wrong ...

If I have a laptop that has wi-fi, I should be able to use my PC's internet and connect my iphone to it right?
Is there a guide on how to do this?

Cheers

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't think this is possible via USB, as the SDK prohibits interaction via the dock connector.

You might be looking for PDAnet - a jailbreak app to share a computer's internet connection.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
jamesus, PdaNet does the opposite of what toothy is trying to achieve. He has internet on his PC and would like to share it with the iPhone. PdaNet, as I understand it and use it, allows you to use the cellular network (3G) on your PC/laptop, aka tethering.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Ahhh...details. Completely misread the post! Thanks for the correction.

As for sharing, I am not sure if there is a program that is available to do what you are trying to do.

toothy

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
yep - i think the term is 'reverse-tethering your iphone' but I havent seen a clear guide on doing it on vista.

I will do a new topic to see if that makes it clearer??

Cheers peoples

toothy

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
well - my work laptop is hooked to the internet via cable - and then my laptop does have wi-fi- but the iphone does not pick up on that since it is not actually wireless broadband - and then i would have to go and buy a router...why buy when you can utilise the wi-fi of both the iphone and the laptop.....but i dont if or how it can be done.

deny

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Reverse Tethering iPhone 3G/3Gs using USB

Step 1: Set up internet tethering on your iPhone.

Step 2: Plug you iPhone into your PC using the provided USB cable.

Step 3: Go to Settings>General>Network>Internet Tethering and switch it to "On." Then it will prompt you for bluetooth or USB, select USB

Step 4: Go to network connections and you should see your LAN connection and a new connection that says "Apple Mobile Device Ethernet." Simply highlight both connections, right click on one and select "Bridge."

You will now be using your PC's internet connection on your iPhone! It works for Cydia App store, Facebook, Safari, ect ect.

Note: After terminating the connection you must delete the bridge and make a new one when you re-connect.

coolsboy68

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
my name rahul
Hi - new to this forum - so hello all.

I am wondering is there anyway you can use your Pc's internet and use it on the iphone via USB? I am hooked to the interntet via cable on my PC and want to utilise its internet for my iphone (that way its free!).

Any help would be great

Cheers

Jayesh Mangal

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
You can share the internet if you have a laptop. Just install virtual router and make your laptop a wifi hotspot. Connect your iphone with the wifi hotspot and you will be able to access the internet.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
01-20-2012, 07:35 AM

It's been over three years since they were discussing this. They had solutions that didn't require extra installers. Do you think being spam is useful?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner