Help please!!! stuck unlocking, now cannot restore, unknown error (23)

notrickz

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Hello,
I was so happy to have found the directions on JB and unlocking using:

How to: Jailbreak/Unlock Your 1st Generation iPhone 2.2.1 - Windows PC QuickPWN Edition

It was easy to follow and everything went well until the unlocking part. It states that it takes about 5 minutes, but I was stuck in the unlocking screen for over 30 minutes and decided to turn off the iphone.
Now, when I turn on the iphone i see only the pineapple and it gets stuck there forever.
On some startups I a cartoon character of steve jobs, and it would be stuck there.
"No panic" I was thinking and tried to restore the iphone. But after a few minutes into the process of restoring I get an error message "iphone could not be restored. unknown error (23)".

I am searching the forum on google but have not come up with anything so far. Any help would be awesome. thank you!!!

notrickz

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the replies.
link1 i checked out already - without luck.
link2 are the steps i took to jb and unlock that got me to this point.

to you question about restoring new/backup. I couldn't tell you. when itunes finds the phone in recovery mode - there is only one button to click "restore". after clicking that i get the error message.

so desperate. i just bought the iphone used a few hours ago... and bricked it in less than an hour...

notrickz

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
while googling around to find a fix i saw some people talk about a yellow triangle when talking about recovery mode.

I never see any triangles. also, when recovery starts, is the screen supposed to turn bright white?

notrickz

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
so i found out steve jobs cartoon saying "npebea" is the recovery screen for jb phones. i still get stuck at the same point in the itunes restore.

i also tried downloading earlier fw versions and installing those. still same error message.

please help!!!!

notrickz

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Ok. I got around the problem:

I connected in DFU mode and Shift-click "recover" and installed firmware 2.0. No other fw I tried did not work - only 2.0.
The process took about 10-15 minutes and then - another problem arose:

The iphone "iphone" could not be restored. unknown error (1011)

Back to the drawing board for me - I should start a new thread for that with a correct title.

classy napo

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
pls i need help, i tried to retart my iphone after recovry at the end of the loading it will show me error 1011, pls i need help on how to fix it