No data plan. Please tell me if i did this right

baseballplaya92104

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
I bought a used iphone 2g. (original) of ebay. I then put the 2.2.1 firmware and jailbroke and unlocked it with quickpwn. Before i put my sim card in i called att and made sure all data was blocked. I put my sim and i can make calls and everything.. when i click on safari it says its not connected to the internet so it wont let me do it. =) Please tell me this means that theres no way for me to get a BIG bill in the mail. I also am using boss prefs with edge disabled as extra back up. What do you guys think? thanks

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
You're bill is based on usage but what you don't have is an internet connection (data plan) which usually adds $20 to $30 per month. So you can still have a BIG bill with no data plan if you go over your phone plan.

A. Yee

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
I bought a used iphone 2g. (original) of ebay. I then put the 2.2.1 firmware and jailbroke and unlocked it with quickpwn. Before i put my sim card in i called att and made sure all data was blocked. I put my sim and i can make calls and everything.. when i click on safari it says its not connected to the internet so it wont let me do it. =) Please tell me this means that theres no way for me to get a BIG bill in the mail. I also am using boss prefs with edge disabled as extra back up. What do you guys think? thanks

You should be fined. Once you turn off Edge, the phone company cannot charge you any data anymore. I have a jailbreak 3G Phone that I bought from craigslists and installed SBSettings. I turn off 3G, Edge and I have no data plan on my phone plan. I have this phone over 2 months and I was not charged any data. However, once you used Edge data, you will be charged. Just remember to turn off Edge and 3G if you have a 3G phone if you do not want to be charged data.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2