HELP! with 2.2.1 jailbreaking

toubethao

Feb 14, 2009
Visit site
i need help very bad. i tried jailbreaking my iphone 2g last night watching this video on youtube, doing everything he did, but it didn't turn out like his. my phone now shows the pineapple logo in a black screen and thats it. when i plug my phone into itunes, so i can try to restore it, itunes says that it does not recognize the phone. plz help!!! i'm desperate!!!

kiwisholland

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Does the 3G have to be restored as a new phone in itunes 8/Vista for this new 2.2.1 jailbreak deal to work?

Can I just jailbreak my existing setup?

Thanks

iCello

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I've got a different problem with 2.2.1 jailbreaking. I have a iPhone 3G with 2.2.1 and a Macbook with 10.5.6 and when I try to follow the steps for Mac on this site to jailbreak my phone, I get to the step where it says Building IPSW and it just stays there, I?ve left it there for an hour and nothing happens. Could someone help please? Before I read this I tried to do it without downloading the firmware and it found it from when I had updated to 2,2,1 and it did the same thing. So I tried downloading the firmware today and its still weird.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hi, I've got a different problem with 2.2.1 jailbreaking. I have a iPhone 3G with 2.2.1 and a Macbook with 10.5.6 and when I try to follow the steps for Mac on this site to jailbreak my phone, I get to the step where it says Building IPSW and it just stays there, I?ve left it there for an hour and nothing happens. Could someone help please? Before I read this I tried to do it without downloading the firmware and it found it from when I had updated to 2,2,1 and it did the same thing. So I tried downloading the firmware today and its still weird.

It's your macbook that is giving you that trouble. More specifically the 10.5.6 update. A hub is your easiest fix.

htc news

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the help with the hanging apple of death!!

I tried like others to jailbreak 2.2 and got stuck at the hanging apple of death as obviously many others had. While I was reading through the numerous posts regaring solving the problem, about 20 minutes after the successful jailbreak and 3 to 4 reboots of the phone on its own. Then allof a sudden it booted in its newly modified state. Thank for distracting me so i didnt go throuh the 5 hour restore process again. I really love the site!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73