Apple Says Jailbreaking is Illegal

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
LOL :)

This doesn't make sense though... This isn't buying a Storm and installing iPhoneOS on it, this is like installing Vista on a Mac! What's the issue?

Last edited:

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
This is an extremely bad move on Apple's part. In effect it says, "We can't provide functionality that our users insist on, and we're also going to sue people who find other ways to get that functionality." I'm an Apple fangirl all the way, but this makes me really mad. Don't make me pay too much money up front and in monthly fees AND restrict what I can put on my phone on top of it; it's just over the top.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Well, I guess Apple has to go after 30+% of their employees who jailbroke their iPhones before going after anyone else, right?

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
This is the most dumbest thing I've ever heard. APPLE.......stop wasting time trying to band jailbreaking and other software and spend that energy giving the people who buy your products what they want. Yeah we knew the iphone didnt have video recording, copy & paste when we bought it but we just assumed that we would have had it by now. Apple claims to be so innovative, how the HELL can you put video on your computers but you cant but it on the iphone? The sad part about it is Apple knows we are going to keep buying the iphone so they could care less about giving us what we want.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
To be honest, I think Apple is not really interested in going after the Dev-Team. All they want is to stop the copyright exemption that was filed, so jailbreaking won't become "100% legal". I don't think they will go after the Dev-Team.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
To be honest, I think Apple is not really interested in going after the Dev-Team. All they want is to stop the copyright exemption that was filed, so jailbreaking won't become "100% legal". I don't think they will go after the Dev-Team.

This is Apple we are talking about. They very well may try to stop the Pwnage software from being put out there. Sure, there are other ways to get the software but who knows... only time will tell.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Just out of curiosity I'd be interested in knowing the percentage of members here who have jail broken Iphones. Any way to do a survey?

ufook

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
The Mothership Monopoly

Apple just wants another monopolistic situation to control and make money from... it's that simple! iTunes has been great for them, so now they've created the App Store, exclusive distributor of apps with its 30% commission split or whatever. The trouble is, dealing with artists who can't program is one thing, but dealing with engineers who can is another. They think app developers aren't going to find workarounds to their Disneyesque, highly censored app store? Puh-leese... We can develop anything we want for the Mac. Why not the iPhone? It's just about money and control, that's all. I would probably do the same thing if I were them and could get away with it.