Is it possible to unlock iphone using a newer Macbook?

tsdavami@online.no

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
After trying unlocking my iphone unsuccessfully, tried both Quickpwn and Pwnage, I spent some time googling and came across others having the same problem with their new Macbook. Can anyone verify this?

Also, if I unlock my iphone using a PC can I then use it with my Mac?

Regards

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
You can jailbreak it via PC and then sync with a Mac. I don't have a Mac, so I can't help you with the other issue.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The only issue there is with new Macbooks and now it has come to light it can be any Macbook is a issue with putting the phone in DFU mode If you can't do that you will not be able jailbreak.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I posted this in another thread and I will post it here since it might be helpful:

The Dev-Team at QuickPwn.com posted this:

If you?re using MAC 105.6 you won?t be able to get into DFU Mode but here is how you can do this:

- You will need an account with ADC (Apple Developer Connection) this is free and takes a few minutes to sign up, you should read the terms and conditions carefully and you should only sign up if you are thinking of developing applications in the future - Apple Developer Connection - Mac Dev Center
- Download the disk image ?IOUSBFamily Log release for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33? (yes, that is a ?5? in 10.5.5 - this is a developer debug package of the USB kernel extension).
- Install IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg from within the disk image
- Reboot your system!

I haven't tried it since I don't own a Mac yet, but I heard it works.

clad

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I got this to work

I got this to work for my macbook pro it just took a few mins but no probs the only thing Im having trouble with and maybe one of you guys can help is when I get back into iTunes and press alt/option key and click on restore and choose the custom firmware it loads the apple release of the firmware and not the custom firmware thats supposed to be pwnaged ?!?!?!

and no pinnaple LOL help :eek:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner