Help Jailbreaking 3g 2.2.1

jfischer

Feb 4, 2009
Visit site
OK I made the leap to the iphone, but I quickly see it's shortcomings. Not knowing any better I updated to 2.2.1. The guy at the ATT store said that it could not be JB'd since I updated it. After googling around for a while it looks like it is in fact possible. Please let me know. Also, I am happy with ATT and do not plan on unlocking the phone. So do I just need to use the Pwnage tool to jailbreak and get the ability to get all the cool little apps? HELP!!!

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Dev-Team Blog

Use the correct tool for your situation and OS, I would recommend QuickPwn very easy ;) When it asks what to install, don't bother with installer, just add cydia, I don't do the boot logos either. Unlocking is not really an option for you yet since you updated your FW.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
If you are on Windows, use QuickPwn. If you are on a Mac, use Pwnage Tool. You will be able to jailbreak, but until the Dev Team cracks the 2.30 baseband, you will not be able to unlock it for use on other carriers.

beibi

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey there!

May I ask, is jailbreaking 2.2.1 and jailbreaking 2.2 the same? Do they use the same QuickPwn2.2? Or is there another software?

jayman30

Oct 28, 2008
www.iphonedownlow.com
Just switch from a BB Storm to iPhone. SO bear with me. What does Jailbreak mean? What will this allow me to do?

Jailbreaking is a process used to gain unrestricted root access to the iPhone's Unix based filesystem. It allows you to install apps that are not authorized by Apple and/or not possible to develop given the restrictions of the Official iPhone SDK and its license agreement.

Some added functionality you can gain by Jailbreaking include: MMS Messaging, Copy and Paste, Video Recording, full featured SMS w/landscape view keyboard, better photo taking w/ digital zoom, multitasking, System-wide search, and the ability to add themes (change icons, add wallpaper to Home screen, etc..) and much more!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner